Enterprise Account Manager
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
We’re looking for an Enterprise Account Manager to join our Employer Sales Team, working with top employers across the nation to drive their early talent recruiting strategy. You will serve as the primary owner of a set book of existing employer partners, working closely with them and a Customer Success counterpart to ensure they achieve their goals, build relationships with executives, communicate value, and drive customer retention and expansion from onboarding through renewal.
This high-impact role combines equal parts sales, relationship management, and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate has a proven record managing customer relationships while driving renewals and expansions in a SaaS technology company.
- Effectively retain, renew, upsell, and cross-sell an assigned book of business of existing premium employer partners
- Drive pipeline from creation to negotiation to close
- Learn your book of business inside and out to effectively position Handshake’s value proposition, always linking it back to key business issues of the customer
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at the Director, VP, SVP, and C-suite levels at our partners
- Develop new and creative ways to engage senior executives throughout the customer lifecycle and demonstrate Handshake’s value
- Partner closely with our Employer Customer Success Team to ensure customers adopt and are successful on Handshake
- Manage and present data and value-driven Quarterly Business Reviews
- Manage overall customer loyalty, serving as internal advocate and escalation point for customers
- Become a Handshake expert, learning the ins and outs of HR/Recruiting, and higher ed Tech
- Identify potential churn risk and own development of account save strategy
- Own Account Plan creation for your book of business, with clear account strategy, desired outcomes, and key client stakeholder identification aligned to client objectives
- Work closely with cross functional peers as a unified account team to drive account strategies forward
- Minimum of 6 years work experience
- At least 4+ years of sales experience in enterprise SaaS sales or Account Management
- Experience preparing proposals, forecasting, and account planning
- Experience driving contracts to completion through work with client legal, procurement, and security teams
- A strong history of quota attainment, logo retention and excellent performance on a high-performing team
- Experience with an evangelical sale, selling non-discretionary software to executives at Fortune 1000 companies
- Experience managing customer relationships alongside a Customer Success team
- Experience using usage, data and results to demonstrate value and justify expansion
- An impeccable communicator with polished and professional sales presentation skills
- Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
- Account planning familiarity with defined objectives & desired outcomes
- Strong cross functional working relationships & comfort quarterbacking account teams
Must be able to work a hybrid schedule (twice each week) from our New York or San Francisco office
Expected travel: 10-15% of the time
- $184,500 - $205,000 per year OTE (60/40)
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.