Senior Manager, Mid-Market Sales
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Manager of Mid-Market Sales reporting to the VP of Commercial Sales on the Employer Team. As the company continues to scale, this role will be called on to help grow and promote talent.
**This person will be expected to work ~1-2 days per week out of our NYC or San Francisco office (remote work the remainder of the time) to help facilitate collaboration and get face time with the team.**
- Manage, coach, and develop a growing team of Mid-Market Account Executives
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts, and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Coordinate and manage weekly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings, and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and best practice sharing
- Collaborate closely across the extended Handshake Employer Business to develop sales strategies and monitor, analyze, and improve sales performance
- Partner with the SDR and marketing leadership team to increase lead flow and drive stronger pipeline conversion rates
- Help reestablish optimal thresholds for mid-market, SMB, and self-serve customer segmentation based on historical data and future business goals
- 4+ years of SaaS sales management experience
- 8+ years of relevant on-quota B2B SaaS sales experience, with 4+ years in a management capacity
- Experience developing and implementing sales plans and strategies, and monitoring and analyzing sales performance
- A strong track record of over-performance and forecasting accuracy
- Relevant on-quota B2B SaaS sales experience with some experience managing mid-market or enterprise SaaS salespeople
- The capacity to innovate and improve business processes to drive better outcomes
- A successful history of leading teams to build pipeline, close business, and over-achieve quota
- Demonstrated ability to develop sales talent
- The ability to work in a rapidly expanding, fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
Bonus areas of expertise
- Experience selling into HR/talent departments
- Experience selling into talent acquisition and L&D leaders
- Experience leading both account executives and account managers
- Experience in a startup environment
- $240,000 - $300,000 per year OTE, 50/50 split
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Poland, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.
Something looks off?