Manager, Account and Success Management (Edu Sector)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Handshake is looking to bring on a Manager of Education Success to manage and coach a team of four EDU Relationship Managers (2 in the UK, 1 in France, and 2 in Germany) to lead projects and help our education partners find success on Handshake. As a Manager of Education Success, you’ll report to the Director of Education Strategy and play a key role in building and delivering solutions and processes that deliver a world class experience for our education partners, while nurturing a fun, collaborative culture. You’ll work closely with various stakeholders across Product, Sales, Operations, Marketing, and Support. You’ll be responsible for ensuring our partners are happy and proud to partner with Handshake, developing and evolving our overall education success strategy. You’ll be responsible for leading cross-functional projects that align with our strategic team and company goals and you’ll build a hardworking team that loves contributing to our mission and pushes themselves to go above and beyond.
Here are some projects we’re excited for you to work on at Handshake
- Lead initiatives that deliver a 6 star experience to our university partners in Europe, engaging in strategically important discussions, projects and on-sites.
- Set and lead achievement of quarterly and annual OKRs
- Drive key metrics like NPS, account health, and product adoption
- Recruit, hire, and successfully onboard new Relationship Managers
- Motivate, coach, retain, and empower a team of hardworking Relationship Managers
- Identify and lead efforts to partner with key internal customer-facing teams: Product, Support, Sales, Marketing, Documentation, and Trust and Safety
- Drive improvements in efficiency within your team and across the entire Success organisation
- Partner with EDU Operations to builds process and identify tools to enhance quality and efficiency
- Success and/or Account Management experience: You know how to optimise for delivering world class relationship management in a fast-paced SaaS environment, preferably in the UK and EU.
- Grit: You’re a do-er with a strong work ethic, a bias for action, and a hunger for feedback.
- Resourceful and creative: You have a proven track record of executing bold growth strategies, navigating ambiguity, and achieving goals with a lean team.
- Coaching and Management: Experience in coaching, motivating, and inspiring high-performers in a Customer Success team
- Data-driven: You leverage data to identify challenges, find solutions, and measure impact.
- Communication: You value transparency and communicate candidly with many different types of people.
- Empathetic leadership: Exceptional EQ with a strong sense of empathy for team members and customers
- Relationship-driven: You are motivated to build and maintain relationships with internal leaders across the company.
Bonus areas of expertise
- EdTech/Higher Ed experience and context
- Experience and expertise with CRM (Salesforce), Business Intelligence (Looker, Mode), CS (Gainsight), Productivity (MixMax, Dooly, Gong) tools
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Poland, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.
Something looks off?