Senior Product Designer
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our small and collaborative product team working to design one of the most innovative platforms on the market. You’ll help create brand new experiences and develop new products within our Easel platform, starting with Easel Cabinetmaker, our web-based software that provides an end-to-end business system for residential cabinet makers. You’ll participate in all phases of product development from discovery – to delivery – to iteration. We’re counting on you to know what great design is, and how to make software both functional and beautiful.
You’ll have a real impact— the software you design will be used by small businesses to make high-value products like kitchen cabinets, built-ins, bathroom vanities, and more.
Learn more about Easel Cabinetmaker.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Build prototypes to quickly explore a solution space and validate ideas with customers early in the process of delivering new functionality
- Design interaction flows, wireframes, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals of proposed changes to our Easel platform to improve the user experience
- Plan and conduct remote user tests of ideas, sketches, prototypes and other design artifacts with customers
- Conduct user interviews and develop surveys to build a deep understanding of the customer journey
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams like software engineering to clearly present and explain proposed design changes and their motivating rationale
- Play a key role in building a strong visual and interaction design language for our Easel platform
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. We don’t expect you to check all the qualification boxes and encourage you to apply if you have experience in some of the areas.
Here’s what we’d like you to have:
- 4+ years of experience as a UX/UI Designer for web applications
- Experience planning, conducting, and analyzing user research
- Ability to rapidly prototype and test many different ideas with stakeholders and customers through digital or hand-drawn sketches, wireframes, or mockups
- Experience designing all touchpoints of the user experience
- Experience leading user-centered design practices
- Experience designing for mobile or responsive web applications
- Proficiency with digital design tools like Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Photoshop
- Experience working in an iterative, agile product development environment
- Experience collaborating closely with software engineers
- Professional experience working on a software product that integrates with hardware OR experience building a B2B SaaS Product that serves as an end-to-end business system
- Space to house and operate, or access to, an Inventables X-Carve Pro desktop carving machine (50 x 40 inches of table space needed)
- BONUS: Basic video editing capabilities, proficient understanding of graphic design, layout, typography and icons
- BONUS: Familiarity with user metrics and analytics using tools like Mixpanel or Google Analytics, Hotjar or Tableau
- BONUS: Startup experience or equivalent experience working in a fast-paced environment building a B2B SaaS Product
- BONUS: Personal hands-on experience with digital manufacturing tools like 3D printers, CNC machines or similar
YOU’LL GET THESE BENEFITS AND PERKS
- BCBS Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- A “Take what you need” vacation policy
- 401(k) program with 4% company match (no vesting schedule!)
- Options Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Internet expense reimbursement
- A complementary Inventables X-Carve Pro Machine
We value the things that make us different and believe a diverse company drives innovation. Inventables provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, and prohibits discrimination of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
SALARY RANGE: $110k - $135k