Meteorologist and Solutions Operations Specialist
Who are we?
ICEYE is an International New Space company headquartered in Finland with colleagues from over 57 countries. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts across many disciplines (e.g., engineering, software development, radar technology, etc.). We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Teamwork, curiosity, and having fun are core values to Making the impossible possible in New Space. Join our team today!
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What will you do in this role?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Solutions Delivery team and are looking for a Meteorologist to join our team at our offices in either Espoo, Finland or Warsaw, Poland. ICEYE’s Solutions Delivery team is responsible for 24/7 operations that enable near-real-time assessment of the impact of global natural catastrophes and geophysical change using remote sensing technology. These solutions empower end users to quantitatively make timely actions for event characterization, assessment, and response during stressful and uncertain times.
As a Meteorologist and Solutions Operations Specialist, you will:
- Support our team in daily operations of monitoring global natural catastrophes
- Operate a daily weather monitoring and forecasting capability focused on natural catastrophes using a variety of online and ICEYE resources
- Provide daily input on real-time storm tracking for the Solutions Operations team members responsible for satellite tasking and acquisition
- Build detailed and comprehensive SAR data acquisition plans and task ICEYE constellation in order capture natural catastrophes
- Provide recommendations as well as weather updates for Solutions GIS Analysts performing analysis of various natural catastrophes
- Define requirements and collaborate with our Analytics engineering team to design and automate meteorology-focused analytics
- Create rigorous processes for ensuring global readiness for natural catastrophe analytics to be performed 24/7.
- Lead daily weather huddles and standups to ensure tight operational procedures around natural catastrophe events
- Identify and communicate important natural catastrophes to Marketing and Social Media teams to help further ICEYE brand recognition as SAR leader in natural catastrophe monitoring
- Utilize your communications skills to convey that information in a clear and concise manner to your coworkers and to external clients.
- Have fun. This is a part of ICEYE’s values - we aim to do our best work, but a career with ICEYE is also enjoyable.