Senior Program Manager
- Senior Program Manager
- Espoo, Finland
- Permanent, Full Time
Who are we?
ICEYE is an International New Space company headquartered in Finland with colleagues from over 57 countries. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts across many disciplines (e.g., engineering, software development, radar technology, etc.). We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Teamwork, curiosity, and having fun are core values to Making the impossible possible in New Space. Join our team today!
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
About the role
ICEYE’s Data Line of Business (LOB) carries the responsibility for maximizing the revenue from the ICEYE constellation of more than two dozen synthetic aperture radar (SAR) earth observation satellites. ICEYE sells access to this imaging capacity to commercial and government customers around the globe.
In this position you will report into the Data LOB Product organization. The Product organization carries the responsibility of designing, building, and deploying products that enable seamless customer access to the ICEYE constellation, and in so doing, continue to grow the business. Some of these products entail the delivery of an on-premises satellite ground system to the customer.
The satellite ground system, which is deployed into the customer’s environment, enables the customer to rapidly and fluidly access ICEYE satellite imaging capacity. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of ground systems to these customers through the full program lifecycle, starting with initial program scoping, through negotiations and contract award, and finally delivery and customer acceptance.
In addition, you will work with vendors for subsystems and also the facilitation of a ground station operations and maintenance program through the life of the infrastructure.
Your success in this role will be evaluated based on successful program delivery, including adherence to milestones and budget within an agreed-to scope; customer satisfaction with the program delivery; and quality of collaboration with external and internal stakeholders.
What will you do in this role?
- Program leadership. Lead one or several programs/projects as assigned by the Head of Product, Data. This task specifically entails the delivery of a successful customer satellite and ground station solution
- Establish program goals, deliverables and success criteria in collaboration with internal and customer stakeholders
- Develop and maintain program plans, schedules, budgets, and resource allocations
- Identify and assess program risks, dependencies, and critical path activities. Build and maintain a risk register. Proactively anticipate and address issues that may impact program timelines, budget, or quality
- Establish effective reporting structure and communication channels and mechanisms to ensure timely and accurate information flow among program team members, stakeholders, and senior leadership. Reporting will include operational and financial metrics / KPIs
- Facilitate and remedy customer escalations of issues and complaints
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure program success and satisfy operational and financial reporting requirements
- Customer negotiations. Support customer contract negotiations by defining program scope; establishing program milestones; identifying risks and mitigations; and estimating costs
- People management. Build and lead high-performing program teams in a matrixed organization, providing clear direction, guidance, and support
- Over time, build a team to scale the Data LoB program delivery capacity
- Vendor management. Develop criteria to qualify external vendors; support creation of specifications for externally-supplied subsystems; support contract negotiations with vendors; and manage flowdown of contractual obligations to external vendor base.
- Create and maintain supplier scorecards
- Internal capabilities-building. Contribute to the development and implementation of program management best practices, methodologies, and frameworks
- Introduce strategies and methodologies to enhance program management discipline and successful execution