Strategic Account Manager - Government Solutions
- Strategic Account Manager - APAC
- Japan (Remote)
- Full Time
Who are we?
ICEYE is an International New Space company headquartered in Finland with colleagues from over 57 countries. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts across many disciplines (e.g., engineering, software development, radar technology, etc.). We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Teamwork, curiosity, and having fun are core values to Making the impossible possible in New Space. Join our team today!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What we are looking for
To support the company’s growth, we seek a Strategic Account Manager - APAC Government Solutions team. You will report to the Head of Government Solutions - APAC this role.
You will be responsible for seeking out opportunities and new customers in ICEYE's ever growing Government Solutions portfolio. Within this role, you will join the ICEYE’s Solutions Sales organization and work closely with the Government Solutions APAC team to achieve our service delivery, account growth, and account retention goals in Japan. At ICEYE, we are a fast-growing company with big ambition and looking for Individual Contributors to take ICEYE’s growth to the next level!
- Create and support the pipeline generation of profitable new business and manage the territory pipeline and prospect list across Japan
- Build and develop long-term client relationships with new and existing customers.
- Seeking out and meeting with new government ministry clients.
- Day-to-day account management, business development, and securing natural catastrophe solutions opportunities
- Working with the Head of APAC Gov Solutions to ensure that the regional business development plan is aligned with and supports the APAC strategy and revenue goals
- Lead on major contracts, tenders, and quotations, and especially, manage contract closing activities (RFP responses, etc.)
- Explore and build alliances or partnerships to exploit new opportunities
- Ensure all necessary relationships with internal stakeholders are managed in support of delivering to the customer needs
- You will be comfortable working with geospatial data and presenting to key stakeholders, director level government agency leaders
- As the team is based across Europe, you will need to be prepared to travel to our Headquarters in Finland, and to visit customers in their respective locations throughout Japan.
- Proven track record of account management and business development with Government Ministries at prefecture and sovereign-level in Japan
- You need to be a strong influencer and enjoy working in an ever-changing and growing environment
- You will bring your sales knowledge and outstanding interpersonal skills to take ICEYE’s sales strategy to the next level
- Previous experience working in solutions sales in disaster management or geospatial technology fields.
- Proven track record of securing new business opportunities through a complex technical sales environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present and translate information to a variety of stakeholders internally and externally
- Understanding of working in an international environment with multiple nationalities
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Unleash your potential with us and join our team that is transforming disaster response capability globally!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible!