Test Team Lead
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Spacecraft Engineering team and are looking for a Test Team Lead to join our global Spacecraft Engineering Team.
As a Testing Team Lead, you will lead a team of multidisciplinary and talented individuals responsible for all testing activities related to the verification and validation of prototypes through electrical bring-ups, lifetime tests, TVACs, radiation campaigns, qualification shakes support, JIGs and MGSE design. You will also coordinate activities and collaborate with all other Team Leads of the space system department to ensure the testing plans align with the prototype and production development.
- Leading and ensuring the high performance of the hardware testing team.
- Developing and maintaining the team roadmap and ensuring its adherence to the organization's objectives and long-term plans.
- Managing members' tasks and day-to-day activities.
- Creating and maintaining individual development plans for all team members.
- Collaborating with domain managers and directors on the execution of department-wide initiatives and projects.
- Leading initiatives and projects of high impact in the organization, such as SAR satellite next-generation prototypes.
- Identifying improvement opportunities within the team and in the organization and effectively acting and executing on them.
- Implementing methodology and developing test plans to validate power, digital, and mixed-signal electronics against design requirements.
- Guiding team members on the design of test apparatus necessary to complete test objectives, such as test racks, data acquisition systems, custom test hardware and software; all of which are required to enable effective and scalable test automation solutions.
- Implementing framework, tools, methodology, and processes to allow the team to perform data analysis after test results, conducting root cause analysis on failures, and presenting results to key stakeholders.
- Providing feedback to design and production engineers to optimize designs and PCBA production to test critical components during PCBA and subsystem acceptance testing.
- Managing the schedule of large test campaigns, including identifying and mitigating schedule risks.
- Experience managing engineering teams.
- Experience managing projects/test campaigns end-to-end.
- Experience leading complex test development campaigns, involving many "moving" parts, people, and technical disciplines, with a focus on electronics design testing; experience mentoring less experienced team members.
- 8+ years of experience in the area of testing, test automation, and electronics.
- Experience as an electronics/RF test engineer and/or electronics/RF design engineer.
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in Electronic/RF Engineering.
- Experience developing automated tests and the complete test development life cycle of products.
- Developing object-oriented software for test systems. Comfortable with Python, C/C++, and scripting under Linux OS.
- PCB design with Altium or a similar electronics design (EDA) tool.
- Experience with test Jig and fixture design.
- Testing a custom electronics system with a wide variety of lab equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, vector signal analyzers, thermal chambers, and others.
- Performing root-cause analysis on failures.
- SPICE-based circuit simulation.
- Experience in soldering.
- Aerospace industry experience.
- Experience with revision control tools (like Git or SVN).
- Comfortable with Linux.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, bike benefit, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Phone subscription with iPhone of choice
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation agency support)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Finnish & English lessons
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.