Senior Embedded Linux Engineer - Warsaw, Poland
Position: Senior Embedded Linux Engineer
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Hiring Model: On-site
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company's growth, we are now looking for an experienced Embedded Linux Engineer to join our Flight Software team. The position location is in our office in Warsaw, Poland.
About the role?
ICEYE is committed to delivering high-quality data on time to its customers. By working in the Flight Software FPGA team, you will help to ensure it will keep happening.
Our team is responsible for Linux development, FPGA coding, and FPGA integration with the operating system inside cutting-edge FPGA SoCs and RFSoCs working onboard our satellites. Our software controls the SAR radar, enables highspeed downlinking and bidirectional radio communication, enables connectivity between embedded systems, and provides a stable platform for user-space software.
You will work with technologies such as Embedded Linux, ARM-based SoCs, and FPGA SoCs.
The Flight Software FPGA team is a critical group in the company, continuously implementing new features and developing new subsystems for the new satellites and the ones in our fleet. As an Embedded Linux Engineer, you will lead the design, implementation, and continuous enhancement of the Linux-based operating system for our embedded systems, emphasizing reliability, efficiency, and customization to meet specific project requirements.
- Maintain the OS building framework, covering bootloaders, file system integration, and Linux/bootloader sources;
- Patch and develop Linux drivers as needed, contributing to the ongoing enhancement of our embedded systems;
- Lead the bring-up of Linux on new hardware modules, showcasing your expertise in system integration;
- Manage and optimize flashing and hardware test scripts, ensuring smooth execution via GitHub runners.
- Minimum six years as an Embedded engineer, demonstrating a solid background;
- Activity in the Linux kernel project and/or other Open-source projects will be appreciated;
- Experience in high-bandwidth data processing for high-performance embedded systems;
- Appreciated experience in research facilities, e.g., space, particle physics, radio electronics, optics;
- Experience in startup environments is a plus, reflecting adaptability and dynamic problem-solving;
- Expertise in developing and customizing embedded Linux systems, including kernel configuration, device tree overlays, and building root filesystems;
- Proficient in embedded Linux development using frameworks like Buildroot or Yocto;
- Solid skills in user-space application development within the Linux environment;
- Low-level kernel hacking and prototyping skills;
- Proven experience in Linux driver development for optimized system functionality;
- Proficient in shell scripting for efficient task automation;
- Familiarity with GitHub repository automation for streamlined workflows;
- Genuine passion for embedded development and cutting-edge technology;
- Ability to read and work with electronic schematics for effective hardware-software integration.
- Strong coordination skills for effective teamwork across diverse engineering fields;
- Familiarity with FPGAs, demonstrating versatility in hardware integration;
- Experience with U-boot, enhancing bootloader customization and functionality;
- Interest in DevOps techniques in embedded systems, showcasing a forward-thinking approach;
- Experience with FPGA development using Vivado;
- Familiarity with version control system integration with FPGA development tools;
- Knowledge of application development frameworks like Automake or CMake for efficient software development;
- Familiarity with the Linux Memory Technology Device (MTD) subsystem;
- Strong communication skills and a friendly demeanor foster effective collaboration.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance, etc.)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, certification schemes, company-paid language lessons
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every team member enriches our diversity by exposing us to various ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions. Could this be the role for you? You can apply now to start your journey with ICEYE. We are making the impossible possible together.
Could this be the role for you? You can apply to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Talent Acquisition Partner