- Product Manager
- Full Time
- Espoo, Finland (Hybrid)
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Teamwork, curiosity, and having fun are core values to Making the impossible possible in New Space. Join our team today!
What do we do?
ICEYE is designing, building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. We are also the leading supplier of new-space SAR satellite missions to governments and large organizations. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, defense & security, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
ICEYE, the leading new-space Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellite company, is looking for a world-class Product Manager enhance the Product Management in Europe, based in Finland, or across Europe.
About the role?
We're seeking a Product Manager to elevate our NatCat products. Join our Solutions team as a Product Manager and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our NatCat products. You'll collaborate closely with analytics, sales, and marketing teams to define product direction and priorities.
At ICEYE, our Solutions Product team focuses on developing applications that mitigate natural catastrophe damage, quantify their impact, and manage their aftermath. We partner closely with sales, analytics, and engineering teams to identify and plan solutions that address customer needs and drive sustainable business growth. We determine the algorithms and processes to research, develop, and deploy as cloud-scalable products, utilizing SAR and other geospatial data as input.
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to meet you — maybe you’ll become our next product manager. You could become the voice of the customer for our next analytics product and own the product execution roadmap for it.
ICEYE development teams work in cross-functional agile teams, exploring how geospatial data, data science, machine learning, computer vision, and deep understanding of user needs can create entirely new products that give novel insights about what is happening on earth, especially during natural catastrophes. Our pioneering products empower our customers to answer critical questions in a timely manner, from forecasting flood events to assessing fire damage.
We’re looking for a skilled Product Manager for agile development in a field that’s so new, it requires fearless application of creativity, ingenuity, and business judgement. You’ll be partnering with engineers, machine learning engineers, and data scientists to enhance our already impressive product line.
This position will be based in our office in Espoo, Finland.
- You will be the voice of the customer for our newest analytics products. This means you’ll bring deep expertise about what our true customer needs are – not just what they ask for, but what they really need and will value highly.
- Define the product roadmap and ensure product delivery, working closely with the development team on feature specifications, representing the voice of the user, and making decisions about implementation and resource trade-offs.
- You’ll lead a cross-functional business team, partnering and coordinating all functional areas to ensure not just that the product meets its goals, but that the entire business vertical meets its goals.
- Talk to customers and translate their needs into product requirements, and be sure that everyone on the product team knows the customers’ true needs and your intent for the product, so they can make great, agile decisions in the moment.
- Learn our full technology stack and identify how we can leverage our tech to better meet customer needs. Help the team avoid over-engineering a solution in order to speed time to market, learning, and iteration.
- Communicate in detail about requirements and technical trade-offs with Analytics leads. Present at all levels, up to our very technical head of product and CEO. This requires a strong technical background.
- Keep the backlog groomed, prioritized, and well understood. Help the team identify bottlenecks, and quickly identify and address schedule risks for product delivery.
- As a new member of the product management team at ICEYE, you’ll help define associated processes and methods to set up the function and enable continuous improvement. You will likely define new processes, and get them adopted by setting a good example of its use.
- Promote and demonstrate an iterative, experimental, Lean Agile approach to rapidly testing hypotheses, and speeding up our ability to respond to learnings.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., engineering, computer science, data science, economics, statistics).
- 5+ years of experience doing product management on products requiring novel technology development.
- Expertise in rolling out solutions for the geospatial industry, or transferable experience in another sector.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn a new sector – you will likely be asked to lead projects that span multiple sectors within your first year.
- Must be highly self-motivated and driven to get results even when no-one is watching.
- Experience with data-driven products preferred – a product where the data IS the product, and the quality of the data is paramount.
- Statistics/Economics/Computer Science degree, or equivalent technical experience sufficient to be credible with expert quantitative customers and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Clear and crisp communicator: we are looking for someone who loves to listen and can foster effective dialogues between developers, users and leadership teams.
- Geospatial industry experience
- Startup experience
- Experience in insurance and/or government verticals, especially involving NatCats
- Experience with converting the result of R&D efforts into successful products
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on Bupa, Auntie, language learning, coaching, Reward Gateway)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every team member enriches our diversity by exposing us to various ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Is this the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.