Senior QA Engineer
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be a Commercial Missions Ground Segment team member, helping the whole team ensure that the software we deploy to our customers meets our quality standards. You will work with other QAs, Software Engineers, Product Managers and client representatives to successfully deliver SAR Satellite Missions. You will communicate with different development teams, create test scenarios based on requirements (manual and automated), execute tests (manual and automated), and report verification and validation results. Our team is striving for a remote-first approach, and hence the role can be up to 100% remote.
- Ensure the quality of feature requirements by analyzing and verifying them with the development team and product owner as part of an agile team.
- Keep track of the customer requirements defined in the contract by creating a test matrix and make sure that those requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure the quality of released features by developing detailed test plans, creating test scenarios, executing test scenarios, assessing test results, creating test result reports and reporting bugs.
- Executing end-to-end test scenarios in various environments and delivering the required quality reports.
- Keeping our test automation technologies and approach up-to-date through the integration of automated testing tools and test harnesses as required.
- Creating automated test scripts for new features, end-to-end (E2E) scenarios, and so on.
- Communication with developers, QAs and project owners on various business requirements.
- Support development team in issues reproduction and root cause analysis.
- Report work progress continuously through attendance of daily & weekly project internal meetings.
- Solid understanding of QA principles and practices.
- Ability to work independently and lead QA development activities as part of the development team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Product Manager, Team members and Business stakeholders.
- Experience in developing project-specific Test Strategies and Test Plans.
- Experience in creating and executing requirement-based and product-based test cases.
- Experience with Linux/Unix OS platforms.
- Proven experience in Test Automation frameworks (Robot Framework, Pytest, etc.) and advanced knowledge of automated testing tools and procedures.
- Experience in automation of RESTful APIs and UI using Selenium, Playwright etc.
- Good coding skills [preferred Python as our automation is written in Python]
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Jenkins etc.
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS environments.
- Good to have experience in performance testing using tools like locust, K6 etc.
Preferred skills and experience:
- ISTQB certification.
- Experience in a working environment following the Infrastructure as Code (IAC) approach and related technologies (e.g. Ansible, Terraform).
- Experience with different kinds of non-functional testing (e.g. performance, security, etc.).
- Experience of working with ISO 9001 and/or ISO27001.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE. We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
We are making the impossible possible together.