Flight Software Engineer
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we are looking for a “Software Engineer” to join our Flight Software team. You will report to the Flight Software Applications Team Lead in this position.
- Be the lead developer for the application layer components of our satellites
- Produce clean, robust and understandable code
- Collaborate with other team members to design and define the application architecture for our satellites
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure our development and testing environment produces high quality Flight Software products
- Mentor the other members of the team
- You are an experienced professional with 5+ years in software development
- You are a great C++ and Python developer, familiar with the latest features
- You have experience with embedded Linux
- You are self-driven and autonomous, but also a great team player
- You have experience in E2E system development
- You have been working with communication protocols and messaging systems used in distributed systems
- You have experience developing software for constrained environments such as IoT, robotics, and/or automotive
- You are well versed in event-driven architectures, asynchronous techniques, concurrency, communication protocols, and constrained environments
- Technical degree (computer science, engineering, mathematics)
- Experience in working in a lead developer role
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, bike benefit, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Phone subscription with iPhone of choice
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation agency support)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Finnish & English lessons
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.