Senior Cloud Network Engineer
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Satellite Communications Network team and are looking for a Senior Communications Engineer to join us in the Helsinki area, Finland. ICEYE Satellite Communications Network is responsible for creating high reliability and high throughput communication between the ground systems and the satellites in ICEYE fleet globally. Various teams are working on contact planning and configuration, TT&C chain, payload downlinking and ground station infrastructure around it.
About the role?
As a Senior Communications Engineer, you will work for the Antenna Network & Infrastructure team. Your task is to develop, maintain and improve our infrastructure on cloud and on-premise environments which enables us to communicate with external antennas from the ICEYE systems. Together, these will combine the world’s largest SAR satellite network and ground station infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to, defining infrastructure manifests, collaborative development, maintaining VPN tunnels, and supporting the operation of our extensive in-house developed software for satellite telecommunications. We are looking for a senior engineer, where "senior" in this case means ability to take ownership and have accountability of certain communications products which you will help design and implement.
What you will do:
- We want you to be our expert in cloud and classic communications flows
- You are responsible for dataflows from cloud to on-premise solutions, and eventually to ground station antennas and satellites
- Take technical product ownership and accountability of the ground station communications products
- You help define technical challenges, requirements and schedules
- Maintain and scale the systems when new satellites and ground stations are added into the ground station network
- You design and troubleshoot mostly in Layer 2-5. You also deploy and troubleshoot VPN configurations
- Cloud engineering and cloud infrastructure skills: help with migration of infrastructure to cloud based solutions and work closely with DevOps for specifications and design of cloud infrastructure
- Help building a secure ICEYE cloud system for forwarding data to internal and external stakeholders
- You create automation-friendly solutions for easy and reliable deployments
- You have years of relevant work experience with cloud infrastructure solutions
- You have a helpful mentoring mindset and you can help others succeeding in their role
- You have an engineering mindset. You are a solid hands-on engineer and you can show it. You get things done, but also know when to take the time to get the design right
- You can take the technical ownership of the product. You can design, plan and provide feedback about the roadmap and technical solutions which you and the rest of the team are building
- You have experience with network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers) and an excellent understanding of network routing protocols and design practices
- You are familiar with GNU/Linux, AWS cloud computing, microservices and software security
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE. We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
We are making the impossible possible together.