Role: Compliance Manager
Location: Espoo, Finland
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
The Compliance Manager will join a fast-paced high-growth space company that is dealing with sensitive technologies, customers and geographical regions. The compliance framework of ICEYE’s business is convoluted and the Compliance Manager will be required to take ownership and lead ICEYE’s compliance efforts with their own example.
The Compliance Manager’s primary responsibility will be to build an effective corporate compliance program within ICEYE.This will require the preparation of policies together with relevant stakeholders, rolling out trainings, continuous monitoring, conducting internal and external due diligence, and maintaining awareness of the compliance requirements that concern ICEYE as a company and all of its people.
The Compliance Manager will work closely with colleagues in the Legal Department as well as in other teams, including Sales, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain and People & Culture. Building a trusted relationship with all stakeholders at ICEYE is a must. The Compliance Manager must be able to identify the key compliance areas and focus resources and efforts effectively. This is a position that calls for both a hands-on approach to practical day-to-day implementation and a strategic perspective on compliance needs and developments.
- Building a robust compliance program in the areas of anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance, customer and business partner diligence, conflicts of interest as well as fair business practices.
- Developing efficient HR compliance policies in cooperation with the People & Culture team
- Supporting the Legal Department to manage regulatory compliance such as authorizations for space activities as well as export licenses (both EU dual-use regulations and EAR/ITAR in the US)
- Leading the preparation and development of internal compliance policies and guidelines
- Leading the roll-out of an impactful training program on compliance matters and overseeing it
- Participating in the conduct of internal investigations
- Identifying key compliance risks and driving a plan to address those
- Acting as the point of contact for the ICEYE personnel on compliance matters and providing practical, actionable advice
This position will also involve the possibility to expand to broader Corporate and Enterprise Level Risk Management. It is considered a benefit if the Compliance Manager could develop to lead the risk mapping and management processes that ICEYE undertakes as part of its annual and long-term planning.
- At least 5-8 years of experience from a comparable role
- Experience working with an industrial company with operations in various geographies
- Proven track record of tangible accomplishments in the field of compliance
- Interest in geopolitics and political developments
- Fluent command of English
Preferred to have:
- Interest in space and new technologies
- Native Finnish speaker is a benefit but not a must
- Experience with managing corporate and enterprise level risk
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, bike benefit, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Phone subscription with iPhone of choice
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation agency support)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Finnish & English lessons
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.