System Administrator (Espoo, Finland)
Role: System Administrator
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced System Administrator, with a focus on cloud products, to join our IT Team. You will help maintain and improve the IT landscape and help us scale the environment to support our growth.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Managing updates for the different operating systems used at ICEYE
- Managing updates for applications updates
- Maintaining installers and uninstallers for Mobile Management Systems
- Developing Zero Touch Deployment for new endpoints
- Keeping relevant IT infrastructure updated (at the beginning, limited mostly to users’ endpoints)
- Supporting the company's needs and its IT resources
- Support the Service Desk Team (comparable to level 3 support)
- Ensuring we deliver high reliability to meet SLAs
- Documenting existing and new solutions
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Analytical mind and problem-solving skills,
- Good knowledge of modern operating systems
- Working experience with MDM system
- Proven experience with patch management
- Proven experience with remote monitoring and management (RMM)
- basic understanding of security - needed to prioritize update management
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) fluently in English
- Adaptability to changing needs in a fast-growing environment
- Good communication, documentation and collaboration skills
- Experience with VMware Workspace ONE (WS1),
- Experience with Puppet.
- Experience with Zero Trust networking (Zscaler)
- Automating IT processes
- Scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell)
- Okta or an Identity Provider,
- Good understanding of IT technologies, SAML, OpenID, etc.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, bike benefit, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Phone subscription with iPhone of choice
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation agency support)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Finnish & English lessons
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.