Lead Data Platform Engineer
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What challenges you will help us solve?
The team you will help to set up will build and offer services to ICEYE’s internal development teams and product managers. Your team of data engineers will provide efficient data governance, transfer, discoverability and visualization tools to our internal development teams and product managers assisting them in shining light on the whole software value stream. Through helping our teams to be more efficient in the way they work with data you will enable ICEYE to expand its offering to customers who are increasingly interested in data-driven decision making.
We believe in a culture of continuous learning and improvement as key factors in allowing us to push the boundaries of what’s possible in earth observation. Thus in your day to day work you will interact closely with cross-functional teams, including data engineers, data analysts, and business stakeholders to capture their needs and requirements so you can take data driven actions. Your goal as a lead of the team will be to establish a knowledgeable and service oriented team that knows how to choose the correct technologies to offer robust business intelligence dashboards, streamlined data pipelines and scalable data architecture design.
Your responsibilities as Data Engineering Lead include:
- Creating an architecture/design that allows scaling out data pipelines capabilities to multiple teams and sub-organizations.
- Participating in technology evaluation and tool selection together with your team.
- Collaborating with business stakeholders and engineering peers to capture requirements and translate them into actionable insights.
- Establishing guides and instructions for utilizing dashboards and interfaces offered by the data engineering team.
- Foster a culture of data collaboration and knowledge sharing among team members and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills with data infrastructure all the way from day 0 to day 2 operations.
- Data driven mindset and knowledge of data visualization types and methods.
- Good understanding of the pros/cons of data transfer options such as ETL, push/pull and event trigger models and when to use which.
- Hands-on experience on building efficient data pipelines.
- People leadership skills and demonstrated ability to hire as well as coach a team.
- Experience in working with cloud platforms and microservices.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE. We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
We are making the impossible possible together.