Satellite Production Team Lead
Satellite Production Team Lead
Espoo, Uusimaa, Finland
Working Model: On-site
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we seek a Satellite Production Team Lead to join our global Satellite Production Team. You will report to the Production Manager in this role.
About the role?
We are seeking a Satellite Production Team Lead to join our innovative team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to take ownership of the satellite subsystem production process and support other team members
- Manage the workload of a team of skilled manufacturing Technicians and Responsibles
- Ensure new technicians are trained effectively to support manufacturing operations
- Work directly with the production planner, configuration and supply chain teams to plan, resource and execute manufacturing plans for satellite hardware
- Work closely with the quality assurance and integration teams across multiple missions to provide required hardware before the defined deadlines
- Assist in managing inventory of manufacturing equipment, tools and consumables
- Ensure the team is following all appropriate ICEYE procedures including lab policies, quality policies, safety policies, etc
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve processes, equipment and work environment, and communicate them with Production Engineering team
- Promote and maintain a positive work environment and culture of ownership
- Drive a strong focus on safety to achieve excellent safety performance with the team
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years experience as a Technician or 2+ years as an Technical Engineer
- Prior leadership experience
- Prior experience in manufacturing environment (aerospace, aviation, healthcare, automotive or similar)
- Familiarity with electronics testing and verification procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with a wide range of people with a positive attitude
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) or equivalent Google Docs
- Ability to be diplomatic with a variety of individuals across the organisational infrastructure
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A meticulous attention to detail, an emphasis on safety, cleanliness and adherence to corporate policies and standards
- A great attitude and the ability to work with and influence a team to accomplish challenging goals
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, bike benefit, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Phone subscription with iPhone of choice
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation agency support)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Finnish & English lessons
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.