Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 nationalities. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Analytics team and are looking for a DEM Analyst to join us in the Helsinki area, Finland. ICEYE Analytics is responsible for building solutions that enable near-real-time assessment of the impact of global natural catastrophes and geophysical change using remote sensing technology. These solutions empower end users to quantitatively make timely actions for event characterization, assessment, and response during stressful and uncertain times.
About the role
As a DEM Analyst, you will help the DEM team to ensure that we provide the best available elevation data to our internal DEM users. Together with your team you are responsible for the whole end-to-end DEM onboarding process from the external source to ICEYE’s internal data provision in order to enable us to leverage the data’s potential in our products and solutions. In your daily tasks you’ll help us to identify data issues and develop curation processes which elevate the external DEM data in our data lake to a uniform standard of high quality.
- Identify, investigate and correct anomalous elevation data
- Participate in ad hoc data quality assurance projects by systematically analyzing the content of our internal DEM data lake
- Prototyping of scalable DEM curation and hydrologic conditioning workflows to improve the DEM data quality and usability for hydrological purposes
- Perform robust tests and validation against the available data according users requirements
- Master’s degree in Geoscience, Environmental Science or Engineering in a related field (or comparable experience)
- Prefer 3+ years of professional experience with digital terrain data, both regional, high resolution and global DEMs
- A profound understanding of coordinate systems, datums and reference frames
- Experience in combining DEMs with different specifications
- Capable of using data science libraries (e.g. pandas) and raster data libraries (e.g. GDAL, rasterio, tile db etc.) in python (or other programming language) to analyze and transform a large amount of elevation data and corresponding metadata
- Experience with SQL and a good understanding of relational databases
- Flexible and putting agile values into practice every day
- Comfortable finding your own way and live well in the continuous stream of change that is inevitable in a start-up that is beginning to scale
Nice to have:
- Experience with statistical evaluation of DTMs using ground control or other reference data
- Experience processing LiDAR, photogrammetry, and / or SAR data into DTM products
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus.
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Something looks off?