Composites Quality Assurance Engineer - Spain
Position: Composites Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Spain, EU
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company's growth, we are looking for a Composites Quality Assurance Engineer based in our office in Jumilla, Spain.
About the role:
- Characterization of composite materials according to ASTM standards.
- Collaborate with R&D teams to define test & inspections plans.
- Creation of quality assurance processes and the corresponding documentation.
- Performing inspections of mechanical parts and in-house manufactured hardware
- Be responsible for health and safety risk assessments and mitigation actions
- Be responsible for internal audits
- Improving inspection methodologies
- Be responsible for non conformance reporting and root cause analysis in collaboration with the corresponding stakeholders
- Performing supplier audits
- Increasing on site quality awareness
- Be responsible for the on site health and safety aspects
- Experience with the characterization of metallic or composite materials (2+ years)
- Degree in Mechanical, aeronautics, chemical, or manufacturing engineering or significant experience in quality engineering in an aerospace or related industry
- Knowledge of ASTM standards for material testing
- Knowledge of ISO9001
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment
- Adaptable and Agile
- Ability to work with high-performing teams and work in a diverse environment
- Interest in the Aerospace and Aviation industry
Preferred to have:
- Familiar with composite materials
- Familiar with operating an Instron machine or similar
- Knowledge of ECSS standards
- First-hand experience in material qualification
- Previous experience in health and safety aspects
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- Competitive Salary
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
We are excited to receive your application in English as soon as possible. The role will be filled when a good candidate is found, so please do now!
Could this be the role for you? You can apply to start your journey with ICEYE and join our next space mission soon!
We are making the impossible possible together.
Riya Vidhani (Talent Acquisition Partner)