Senior Optimisation Algorithm Engineer
Position: Senior Optimasation Algorithm Engineer
Location: Espoo, Finland, remote
Hiring Model: Remote
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 nationalities. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
About the Role?
- Candidate would collaborate closely with the team, domain experts, product team and stakeholders to understand the requirements and constraints of the optimization problem and identify potential algorithmic solutions
- The engineer would create clear and comprehensive documentation for the algorithms, detailing their design, implementation, and performance characteristics. They would also communicate their findings and progress to team members and stakeholders, providing updates and recommendations as needed
- The engineer would, along with the team, write clean, efficient, and well-documented code to implement the designed algorithms in Python, integrating them into the overall software solution.
- The engineer would analyse the performance of the algorithms, making use of tools and techniques such as profiling, benchmarking, and complexity analysis to identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement.
- As part of their ongoing professional development, the engineer would stay up-to-date with the latest research, techniques, and tools in optimization algorithms and related fields, incorporating new knowledge and innovations into their work
- Proven experience in successfully solving complex optimization problems in previous projects, with references or case studies to demonstrate capability.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and understanding of data structures
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for conveying ideas, concepts, and solutions to colleagues and stakeholders.
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, or leading a team of engineers, and a willingness to help others develop their skills in optimization algorithms and problem-solving.
- Experience with linear programming and/or constraint programming
- Experience with solvers such as COIN-OR or OR-Tools
- Ability to clearly communicate within a team of software engineers
- Able to balance mathematical rigour with a start-up mindset to ship and iterate software constantly
Preferred to have:
- Python programming language proficiency and knowledge of software engineering principles, including testing, version control, parallelism and debugging.
- Experience with machine learning or artificial intelligence technologies
- Proficiency in discrete mathematics, linear algebra, and probability/statistics
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus.
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Paul du Plessis
Something looks off?