Senior DevOps Engineer
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What challenges you will help us solve?
We build and operate a growing number of internal and external software services whose purposes range from image ordering and order tracking to data processing and constellation optimization. As our software grows more complex, we want to make our deployments easier, faster and more reliable. This requires constant improvements in our development tools, CI/CD systems and the underlying platform.
Your responsibilities as a DevOps engineer include
- Implementing, maintaining and helping to automate product deployments.
- Cooperation with our on-premise team in automating hardware system installations.
- Orchestrating and securing CI/CD pipeline.
- Planning and implementing automated change control.
We run software in the cloud - mainly AWS - while remaining platform agnostic for securing business continuity. Parts of the infrastructure are also located at satellite ground stations and selected customer locations. Some of the technologies you will use to help build and maintain our product delivery services include, but are not limited to: Terraform, Ansible, Packer, AWS, vSphere, REST, Kubernetes, Istio and GitHub. As part of the job, you will also get to affect DevOps best practices and have a say in technology choices. Your team values security, quality and understands the importance of schedules to the overall business.
In this role, you will work together with our on-premises team to further automate and streamline the installation of our systems to on-premise hardware using IaC and GitOps practices. The toolstack between cloud and on-prem is kept largely the same to the extent it is possible, which means you can rely on the help of the larger community of practice in time of need. The goal with this approach is to have software deployments happen across the fleet roughly at the same time and your work will help with that.
- Advanced Terraform knowledge and related experience in, for example, module creation.
- Hands-on experience in administering Kubernetes and AWS.
- Linux templating, image creation and networking fundamentals are familiar to you.
- Interest in continuous improvement of the system through practices such as GitOps.
- Emphasis of security in your actions.
- vSphere or other on-premise virtualization platform experience is considered a plus.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE. We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Something looks off?