Position: CFRP Technician
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and know how to have fun!
What do you think we should do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We seek a CFRP Technician Intern to join our global Missions Department based in Spain.
About the role:
ICEYE is looking for a Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineer with a background in aircraft structures and composite materials to join its development team. The successful candidate will take part in the design, prototype, and manufacturing of ultra-lightweight structural components for ICEYE’s High Altitude Pseudosatelite (HAPS) UAV.
You will be part of a small, dedicated team facing an exciting challenge. You will get to work with world-leading aerospace and mechanical engineers on a UAV project that has a real impact and will set a new mark on aviation history. You will enjoy a transparent, open, and inclusive work culture. This is the beginning of a team that’s intended to grow fast. Thus, it offers substantial growth opportunities.
- Design CFRP structural components.
- Design tooling for CFRP manufacturing.
- Design of prototype model.
- Design-to-manufacture of structural concepts.
- Requirements identification and validation.
- Aeronautical/Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Hand-on experience with structural analysis experience (longhand & FEA).
- Strong CAD design skills.
- Hand-on experience with lightweight aerospace structures design (CFRP / GFRP / etc.).
- Understanding of different manufacturing methods used in aircraft manufacturing.
- Familiarity with aircraft structural testing procedures.
- Proactive, can-do attitude and love for aerospace are expected.
- Excellent in the English language, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A positive attitude and a desire to learn new things.
- Good verbal command of the Spanish language.
- Familiarity with aircraft loading conditions determination.
- Hands-on experience in aircraft prototyping & manufacturing
- First experience in the aeronautical industry.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- Competitive Salary
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
We are excited to receive your application in English as soon as possible. The role will be filled when a good candidate is found, so please do now!
Could this be the role for you? You can apply to start your journey with ICEYE and join our next space mission soon!
We are making the impossible possible together.
Riya Vidhani (Talent Acquisition Partner)
Something looks off?