Aircraft Development Technician- Finland
Make Impossible Possible in New Space - Join ICEYE
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international Aerospace company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and know how to have fun!
What do you think we should do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
ICEYE is looking for an Aircraft Development Technician to join our High Altitude Pseudosatelite (HAPS) team tasked with developing uncrewed, stratospheric electric aircraft. You will be responsible for the production of harnessing and installation of avionic subsystems, supporting engineering with the development and assembly of electrical & mechanical support and test equipment, as well as supporting flight campaigns.
You will be part of a small, dedicated team facing an exciting challenge. You will get to work with a world-class team on a project that has real impact and will set a new mark in aviation history. You will get to enjoy a transparent, open, and inclusive work culture. This is the beginning of a team that’s intended to grow fast. Thus, it offers substantial growth opportunities.
What you will do:
- Development of new processes, materials and tools for an ultra-light UAV
- Harness development, specification and manufacturing.
- Electrical board rework, inspection and verification.
- Avionic subsystem assembly and integration.
- Defining and executing test procedures.
- Design and assembly of electrical and mechanical test jigs to support R&D.
- Support flight testing.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as an electrical/electromechanical/electronic technician with a hands-on approach.
- Experience working with electronic equipment (prototype boards, harness, test setups).
- Experience using electronic lab equipment.
- Proactive, can-do attitude.
- Good command of the English language, both oral and written.
Preferred to have:
- Hands-on experience in aircraft prototyping & manufacturing.
- Experience with mechanical prototyping (3D printing, using basic mechanical workshop equipment).
- Experience with soldering.
- Basic programming skills (C/Python).
- Basic knowledge of CAD tool.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (ie Auntie, language learning, coaching, budget for additional work equipment for home, charity activity)
- Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? You can just apply to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Riya Vidhani (Talent Acquisition Partner)
Something looks off?