We are building and operating ICEYE's commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. ICEYE has successfully launched 10 SAR satellite missions and raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop - join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 50 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from various areas, including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Wildfire Analyst with the main focus on the US wildfires. As a wildfire analyst, you will work on building products for Wildfire Catastrophes. You are going to collaborate with the Wildfire R&D team who is based in Finland and work on different wildfire aspects, including real-time wildfire behaviour analysis and develop models for wildfire spread prediction. We are looking for a person with a background in Fire department management, a research institute for wildfires, Governmental emergency monitoring, risk assessment organization, a university department focused on wildfire monitoring and analysis, etc.
Reporting: Directly to the Wildfire Product Manager
- Develop methods for simulating real-time wildfire behaviour (rate of spread and spread direction)
- Develop an early warning wildfire system
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, Geoscience, related field
- At least 5 years of experience in Wildfire Field
- Experience of modelling and simulation of wildfire behaviour
- Knowledge of many types of geospatial data and tools
- Software skills in languages such as Python and R
- Deep knowledge of different wildfire types with a focus on US geography
- Deep knowledge of wildfire dynamics & wildfire mechanisms in the US geography
- Deep knowledge of factors and parameters that drive the wildfires
- Knowledge of wildfire dynamics - what influences spread and size
Preferred to have:
- Experience with modelling fire risk
- Knowledge of how building systems and materials behave in a fire
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish.
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
Are you up for building something that matters? You can go ahead and apply below to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Olha Pryshlyak (Talent Acquisition Partner)
Something looks off?