Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Finance Operations team and are looking for an Accountant. You will report to the Director of Group Accounting in this position.
About the role?
As an Accountant, you will be an integral part of the group accounting team located in Espoo. You will be involved in all aspects of accounting, including IFRS accounting and consolidation and statutory accounting. But you will also be supporting reporting tasks e.g. VAT and tax reporting.
We're looking for a diligent Accountant to keep our books and records on track with unwavering accuracy. The most successful candidate will have a natural passion for problem-solving and a strong understanding of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, plus other financial transactions within an organization. This position requires a high degree of autonomy, yet also needs to be an excellent team player. The candidate will play an essential role in a tight-knit finance team.
We need to achieve the highest precision in our Finance processes - like our SAR technology that allows clear pictures regardless of the conditions. Your tasks will include:
- Manage accounting journals entries tracking all business transactions whenever needed
- Preparation and review of specifications and reconciliations for balance sheet accounts
- Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections where appropriate
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements
- Support audits to ensure complete, timely, and accurate responses to information requests
- Embark on a journey with us to roll out the ICEYE R2R finance operating model in all subsidiaries
To succeed in this position, the candidate ideally has
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Knowledge of group reporting under IFRS is considered as advantage
- Proficient in MS Office and good NetSuite user experience regarded as beneficial
- A desire to take responsibility and ownership of your work
- A proactive approach means you like to take the initiative to make improvements
- Drive change and a continuous improvement mindset
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment
- Strong organizational skills and an awareness of the importance of deadlines
- Fluent in English
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, bike benefit, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Phone subscription with iPhone of choice
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation agency support)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Finnish & English lessons
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus.
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. Every team member enriches our diversity by exposing us to various ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Something looks off?