Senior Aircraft Structures Engineer - Finland or Spain
Position: Senior Aircraft Structures Engineer
Location: Finland or Spain
Hiring Model: Office
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international Aerospace company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and know how to have fun!
What do you think we should do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We are currently developing a new Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) with the goal of expanding our fleet of earth observation platforms. As one of the company's next steps after the successful development and establishment of our continuously growing SAR satellite fleet, we are focusing on the development of a long endurance aircraft, following the industry's technological cutting edge and spotlight on high altitude pseudo-satellite (HAPS) platforms.
We seek a Senior Aircraft Structures Engineer to join our Team in Espoo, Finland, to support the company's growth.
About the role:
ICEYE is seeking a Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineer with a robust aircraft structure design and analysis background to join its aircraft development team. As an Senior Aircraft Structure Engineer, you will design, prototype, and test structural and non-structural ultra-lightweight mechanical components for ICEYE’s HAPS UAV.
You will be part of a small, dedicated team facing an exciting challenge. You will get to work with world-leading aerospace and mechanical engineers on a UAV project that has a real impact and will set a new mark on aviation history. You will enjoy a transparent, open, and inclusive work culture. This is the beginning of a team that’s intended to grow fast. Thus, it offers substantial growth opportunities.
What you will do:
- Structural analysis and optimization.
- CAD design of ultra-lightweight aircraft structures and mechanical systems.
- Design prototyping.
- Requirements identification and validation.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the aeronautical industry.
- Aeronautical/Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Strong structural analysis experience (longhand & FEA).
- Excellent CAD design skills.
- Strong background in lightweight aerospace structures design (CFRP / GFRP / etc.).
- Experience with planning and overseeing aircraft structural design activities.
- Familiarity with aeroelastic analysis.
- Understanding of different manufacturing methods used in aircraft manufacturing.
- Familiarity with aircraft structural testing procedures.
- Proactive, can-do attitude and love for aerospace are expected!
- Good command of the English language, both oral and written.
Nice to have :
- Good verbal command of the Spanish language.
- Familiarity with aircraft loading conditions determination.
- Hands-on experience in aircraft prototyping & manufacturing.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (ie Auntie, language learning, coaching, budget for additional work equipment for home, charity activity)
- Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member enriches our diversity by exposing us to various ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? You can apply to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Riya Vidhani (Talent Acquisition Partner)
Something looks off?