Wildfire Targeting Expert
Position: Wildfire Targeting Expert
Location: Espoo, Finland, remote, Warsaw, Poland
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 nationalities. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Wildfire Targeting Expert to help identify critical wildfire events for imagery acquisition and analysis. You will report to the Monitoring and Targeting Team Lead in this position.
The Wildfire Targeting Expert will be the primary source of wildfire information within ICEYE. You will utilize your expertise to enhance ICEYE’s NatCat monitoring and targeting solutions. Working in conjunction with product managers, you will help develop wildfire monitoring concepts and methods. Additionally, you will coordinate with the meteorologists and targeting team to plan imagery acquisitions of wildfires and help in wildfire progression forecasting.
- Monitor and track wildfires for response and activation
- Help establish new methodologies for doing so
- Participate in a cross-disciplinary team that monitors natural catastrophes and can help plan imagery acquisitions
- Observational experience using meteorological data for wildfire targeting and analysis
- Experience in wildfire monitoring
- Experience in wildfire forecasting and data analysis
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus.
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.