Flood Analyst (Japan)
Hiring Model: WAH
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Flood Analyst based in Japan to help with near-real-time flood analysis. You will report to the Solutions Delivery Domain Manager in the Analytics team.
- Work on flood analysis as part of the Solution Delivery Team to cover the Japan/Asia-Pacific region. Be available to communicate with Japanese clients. Social media data analysis in Japanese.
- Owns earth observation data review, analysis, quality control and delivery stage of ICEYE unique flood solutions workflow.
- Will review and interpret various flood related data to produce complete solution.
- Communicates analysis progress and expected delivery time.
- Advanced GIS analyst with tool experience using tools like QGIS, ESRI ArcGIS
- Remote sensing experience
- Japanese speaker
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English and Japanese.
- Python scripting a plus
- SAR experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to learn other appropriate GIS related program or software system used by the firm as necessary.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- Competitive Salary
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development and training
- Benefits package that can be allocated to coaching, mental well-being or learning
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Something looks off?