Thermal System Engineer, Spacecraft - Finland
Position: Thermal System Engineer, Spacecraft
Hiring Model: Hybrid/ On-site
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We seek a Thermal System Engineer, Spacecraft based in our Espoo, Finland office, to support the company's growth.
About the role:
- Design & implement full spacecraft-level thermal models for the next generations of spacecraft
- Specify and conduct qualification tests at the subsystem level and satellite level
- Take ownership of thermal hardware: propose new concepts of thermal design to improve thermal performance, propose new suppliers, test, and validate the design
- Perform thermal analysis of passive and active thermal control components, electrical assemblies, subsystems, and systems
- Support assembly, integration, and test activities: maintain thermal control component definition and specify qualification tests
- Support operations to solve thermal issues during Launch and Early Operations or satellite operations.
- MS in Aerospace Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience as a thermal engineer in the space industry.
- Experience in TVAC testing and model correlation.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Preferred to have:
- Hands-on approach to work with the thermal spacecraft hardware: heat pipe, surface treatment, MLI, active thermal control component.
- Experience using Systema-Thermica, ESATAN or Thermal Desktop.
- Knowledge of SAR satellite technology, lifecycle, and space environment.
- Experience working with Python.
- Good understanding of Spacecraft orthography and use of STK.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment (electrical, AIT, mechanical, propulsion, RF).
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e., on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e., flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Could this be the role for you? You can just apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Riya Vidhani (Talent Acquisition Partner)
Something looks off?