Software Engineer III (Backend)
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2023
- Work on the Resiliency, Availability and Latency of our Core Platform/ServicesOwn and publish API’s (internal) for the Helpshift ecosystem and enable feature teams to use our Core Platform.
- Seek out difficult impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt") and implement solutions that will enable the entire team to iterate faster
- Advocate on behalf of team membersDemonstrate patience and use effective explanations when mentoring junior software developers.
- Hire team members and contractors.
- Display strong work ethics. Be a team player with a strong sense of ownership and collaboration.
- Keep calm and learn everyday.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology, or similar.
-5+ years of experience in software development.
- Ability to mentor junior software developers, as well as to collaborate with all stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to keep up with software industry trends and innovation.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of functional programming is a plus. (We use Clojure)
- Experience in working with any one of MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka or Postgresql at scale
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics