Director of Customer Success
Want to revolutionize Healthcare?
To create a healthcare system with effective health information exchange, healthcare organizations need more than a series of connections between each other. They need assurance that the data being exchanged is meaningful and to know it will be delivered when and where they need it.
Founded in 2014, Health Gorilla provides access to actionable patient data, supporting a diverse set of clinical use cases and improving outcomes across the country. We work with some of the leading companies in digital health, including Oscar Health, MEDITECH, Virta Health, and many others. Health Gorilla is one of the organizations whose application has been accepted for onboarding as a candidate Qualified Health Information Network and must now successfully complete testing and onboarding before official designation as a QHIN.
Health Gorilla is looking for an experienced Customer Success Director who will report to the Chief Customer Officer. We are looking for candidates with experience managing teams of Customer Success Managers and tier 1 support staff. You will set the overall vision and strategic plan for Customer Success Management, focusing on driving product adoption, leading a positive customer experience, and driving growth through gross renewals and net retention improvements. You are motivated to establish relationships through active engagement and interactions. You actively take ownership of customer accounts and welcome the responsibility for their success.
What you will do at Health Gorilla
- Lead a team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs), with 3-5 members in the short term, providing mentorship, coaching, and support.
- Oversee a team of Customer Support Specialists, with 3-5 members in the short term, setting strategic direction and providing direct management to the team Manager.
- Create an optimized and data-led model of the customer journey, including driving programs and initiatives to improve engagement approaches based on customer segmentation.
- Establish and lead a culture of continuous improvement, by evaluate, develop, and improve team controls and processes to increase productivity and drive consistent customer engagement
- Collaborate with the Chief Customer Officer to determine the metrics, health scores, and KPIs relevant to accounts, team members, the team as a whole, and the customer base as a whole.
- Reduce churn and drive new business growth through greater advocacy and referenceability.
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and 1:1’s for direct reports, provide constructive feedback, and support their professional growth.
- Serve directly as the primary contact for some customer accounts, building relationships to foster increased utilization, retention, cross-sells, and upsells.
- Work with multiple teams, including implementation and sales, to ensure successful onboarding of customers.
- Work closely with sales management to align on strategies, renewal forecasting, coverage plans, and account opportunities and risks.
- Draft, present, and implement compensation plans for the CSM team, with the goal of encouraging productivity and performance and rewarding customer-goal and business-goal achievement.
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years of experience in Account Management, Customer Success Management, or Customer Sales with a SaaS company.
- 2+ years of management experience in one of the above-mentioned roles
- Ability to communicate effectively, and build a good rapport with your target audience.
- You can pivot or change and adjust to meet the needs of the situation or environment.
- You are an entrepreneur that crafts plans and capitalizes on market opportunities to increase revenue.
- Healthcare experience.
What You Will Love About Us!
- Health Gorilla takes a market-based approach to pay, and the base salary range for this role is $160k with a variable pay of $40k, resulting in a $200k OTE, based on experience and geography. Please note that ranges may be modified at any time, and there is no guarantee offers will be at the top of a posted range.
- New hire stock option grant
- 401(k) plan with 3% matching
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-, long-term disability, life insurance, and mental health & wellness support
- Unlimited PTO plus 12 Holidays
- Paid parental leave (up to 12 weeks)
- Monthly stipend for phone and internet
- Stipend for home office equipment (we provide the laptop)
- Annual learning & development reimbursement
- We will only contact you from our @healthgorilla.COM email address and communicate via phone or zoom
- We will never ask you for money or to purchase items such as a laptop to work with us
- If your resume has your home address listed, we recommend replacing with just a city, state
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels as we know the more inclusive we are, the better our product will be.
Health Gorilla is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.