Sr. Frontend Engineer
Want to revolutionize Healthcare?
To create a healthcare system with effective health information exchange, healthcare organizations need more than a series of connections between each other. They need assurance that the data being exchanged is meaningful and to know it will be delivered when and where they need it.
Founded in 2014, Health Gorilla provides access to actionable patient data, supporting a diverse set of clinical use cases and improving outcomes across the country. We work with some of the leading companies in digital health, including Oscar Health, MEDITECH, Virta Health, and many others. Health Gorilla is one of the organizations whose application has been accepted for onboarding as a candidate Qualified Health Information Network and must now successfully complete testing and onboarding before official designation as a QHIN.
As a Senior Front-End Developer at Health Gorilla, you will report to the Engineering Manager of the Application Team. You will translate the UI/UX design wireframes and HTML mockups to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and Product Manager and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks and how it works. Must be proficient in English both verbal and written.
What you will do at Health Gorilla
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Improve application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Design desktop and mobile-based features.
- Collaborate with back-end developers on API design and work together on issue troubleshooting
- Write documentation and guides.
- Participate in application testing and correcting known bugs.
- Ensure quality of graphic standards and brand consistency.
What you bring to the role
- 7+ years proven hands-on web development experience required.
- Experience with SPA, asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Expertise with REST API and GraphQL.
- Knowledge of image authoring tools, to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop.
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process and tools (Jira, Confluence, GIT).
- Experience with layout aesthetics and good sense of taste.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design and deployment).
- Experience working in distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Degree in computer science, Engineering or related experience
- Open to working a hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 remote) Puerto Madero area.
- Proficient in English both verbal and written.
- We will only contact you from our @healthgorilla.COM email address and communicate via phone or zoom
- We will never ask you for money or to purchase items such as a laptop to work with us
- If your resume has your home address listed, we recommend replacing with just a city, state
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels as we know the more inclusive we are, the better our product will be.
Health Gorilla is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.