Want to revolutionize Healthcare?
To create a healthcare system with effective health information exchange, healthcare organizations need more than a series of connections between each other. They need assurance that the data being exchanged is meaningful and to know it will be delivered when and where they need it.
Founded in 2014, Health Gorilla provides access to actionable patient data, supporting a diverse set of clinical use cases and improving outcomes across the country. We work with some of the leading companies in digital health, including Oscar Health, MEDITECH, Virta Health, and many others. Health Gorilla is one of the organizations whose application has been accepted for onboarding as a candidate Qualified Health Information Network and must now successfully complete testing and onboarding before official designation as a QHIN.
As a Engineering Manager at Health Gorilla, you will report to the VP of Engineering Operations on the Engineering Team. You will leading a team of engineers and overseeing the development of software or hardware products.
What you will do at Health Gorilla
- Develop and implement project plans and schedules.
- Mentor and coach team members
- Manage resources, budgets, and schedules
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ensure adherence to quality standards
- Stay up to date with industry trends and technologies
- Recruiting and hiring new team members
- Driving continuous improvement efforts
What you bring to the role
- 8+ years of Software development experience and 4+ years leading a team of 5 or more developers
- Desire to mentor a diverse team to personal and collective success delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Knowledge of security frameworks and secure coding technics
- Ability to perform code reviews and mentor developers on code quality and scalability
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and software development life cycle
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Bonus experience would include IHE TF, HL7, FHIR, JMS, Redis, and ActiveMQ
- We will only contact you from our @healthgorilla.COM email address and communicate via phone or zoom
- We will never ask you for money or to purchase items such as a laptop to work with us
- If your resume has your home address listed, we recommend replacing with just a city, state
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels as we know the more inclusive we are, the better our product will be.
Health Gorilla is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.