Senior QA Tech Analyst, Hardware and Firmware
There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
Our QA team is growing and we're looking for a Senior QA Tech Analyst to join us in our mission to help people get their best sleep. This is a chance to help Hatch Learn Faster by identifying product failure trends through hands on troubleshooting in our newly setup test lab. You will be the owner and driver of the test lab output, helping establish a clear path from customer concern to factory fix for our hardware products. A chance to be a point person for engineering, customer support and QA to take advantage of our dozens of test devices, automation tools and returns data analysis. This role will report to the Head of QA/QE. This role will be required to work on-site role in Redwood City, CA. This role will be a 3 month contract-to-hire role.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months:
- Learn Hatch device portfolio and systems
- Learn how to track functional and requests through system logs
- Receiving and analyzing returned defective devices from customers and 3PL to understand failure trends, reproduce reported defects
- Support tracking, and resolutions of hardware/firmware defects
- Manage requests of hardware and firmware manipulation and setup within the lab for local and remote testing
- Providing guidance and feedback to improve the efficiency of our failure return evaluation process
- Working closely with our Customer Support Team to understand and root cause field defects quickly
Within 6 Months:
- Root cause analysis of returned devices
- Contribute to hardware improvements from defect root cause analysis
- Work with hardware QA in China to improve their processes based on analysis
- Able to consolidate and communicate defect trends based on data
- Full ownership of test lab including organization and maintenance of test devices, packing and shipping products to local and international team members, keeping the space clean along with management and disposal of shipping materials
What You’ll Bring
- Familiarity with embedded systems and basic testing principles
- Knowledge on iOS and Android devices and applications
- Familiarity with IoT products
- Strong knowledge of wifi configurations and comfortable manipulating router settings
- Comfortable operating and troubleshooting hardware products for defective behaviors (ex. Power supplies, defective components, cosmetic review, etc)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask, adjust to requests and prioritize workload
- Exhibits humbleness and empathy while working with all team members
- Be responsive, detailed, and reliable; owning responsibilities and transparent communication
- Keen eye for detail and strong clear communication skills
- Google suite and Atlassian tools experience a plus
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ask lots of questions, curiosity is a gift
- Have fun and willingness to learn
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 93% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth.
- We let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 16 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform for you and one other adult dependent
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.