Art Director, Marketing Creative
There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
Up until recently, Hatch design was mostly outsourced. Today, we have a thriving, world-class, cross-functional design team imbuing our offering with beauty, form and function. Hatch products are a breeze to navigate and look great on the nightstand. We are looking for an Art Director with a strong design background to level-up our expression of design and art direction in the marketing group, interpret our design ethos in a brand new context, and raise the bar for experimentation in social-first video campaigns.
You love to experiment. To make things. Specifically things that work. Not just look beautiful. You’re excited about being strategic, and great in a meeting, but your passion is in the craft itself.
The Art Director - Marketing Creative will work directly with leaders across the Marketing organization. You’ll partner with the decision makers in Brand, Lifecycle, and Growth to make work that performs and entertains. Come join us as we continue to grow in a market worth over $30B in the US alone.
- Do the best work of your career. This is a unique creative opportunity, because our entire team is aligned on making the most interesting creative work possible, and we’ve been empowered to do it directly by the C-Suite.
- Be part of the team crafting the creative future of a great emerging consumer brand
- Work closely with creative leadership partners in paid social, lifecycle marketing, web, and more.
- Translate upper funnel (“what is Hatch?”) campaigns, customer insights data, and current trends, into compelling work that engages audiences, builds trust, and drives them to want to be “Hatch people” (this role’s focus area will be in the middle & lower parts of the marketing funnel).
- Lead ideation, art direction and design for audience engagement and purchase-focused campaigns.
- Contribute in a hands-on way to crafting design of visuals, social-first video concepts, and campaigns.
- Work closely with Hatch’s Visual Brand Lead to adapt/expand the brand guidelines for audience engagement and purchase oriented channels.
- Oversee and direct the creation of an extensive library of photo and video assets for life cycle marketing, paid social, and other performance related channels.
- Partner with marketing channel leaders from Growth, Lifecycle, and Web to refine strategic briefs into customer-first concepts that both engage and perform.
- Spot departmental needs and take initiative to create new processes that enhance the way we work, as well as the work itself.
- Leverage a proactive, detail-oriented mindset to gather information, integrate feedback, and keep work moving from first draft to final approval.
- Direct the creative of outside agency partners to be on-brand, conceptually interesting, and executed at the highest levels.
- Mentor and inspire junior team members to grow their conceptual and design skills.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months
- You’ll immerse yourself in the category, listen to teammates and customers to understand
what makes Hatch Hatch and what will make us stand out.
- You’ll build foundational relationships with your cross-functional partners and peers.
- You’ll get up to speed on our brand guidelines and previous work, so you know the rules before you break them.
- You’ll jump into work and help us experiment and push.
- You’ll start to plan some photo shoots and create assets in conjunction with your partners in lifecycle, growth and web, helping inspire everyone towards work that is elevated both in how it looks and how it performs.
Within 6 Months
- You’ll be the person everyone looks forward to having in meetings, because you’re a great listener and can parse what you hear to make everyone’s work more interesting and successful.
- You’ll be creatively responsible for important projects and entire campaigns.
- You’ll look for opportunities to foster growth in your direct reports, while setting a high standard of creative excellence in your craft to inspire them.
- You’ll direct agency partners to produce work they brag about both because it’s creative and it works.
After 1 Year
- You’ll have identified opportunities for, and put into place new processes that enable the team to create stronger work faster.
- You will have earned more trust across the company with successful campaigns and strategies that consistently perform beyond our wildest expectations.
- You’ll have elevated the visual concept and creativity of our work to a place where other brands have started to copy us because we’ve become the new standard.
- You'll be well on your way to being seen as one of the industry’s rising creative stars.
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of experience as a brand/agency/marketing designer on consumer-facing products, including having spent time in-house on the brand side
- Expertise in making film for social - you’ve conceptualized and executed multiple successful campaigns that are social first
- A portfolio that shows insight based conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of marketing channels and deliverables, including paid and organic social, product messaging, lifecycle and web
- An always-on filter for the most interesting things happening in culture, that is reflected in the ideas you bring to the table
- Comfort with leading photo/video shoots, both for scrappy or large budget productions
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills, ability to handle multiple projects across several categories/channels
- A creative, positive, and flexible attitude
- Ability and curiosity to review data and process user feedback to identify creative insights and opportunities
- Able to deliver high quality designs across different projects at speed in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Ability to adapt designs according to nuance and context of different platforms and touch points.
- Deep interest in and curiosity about the evolution and future of sleep wellness and self-care
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 96% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs; a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth.
- We take let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- Friends and Family discount
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.