Senior Product Manager, Hatch Rest
There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will help craft and drive the product roadmap for Hatch Rest, our flagship product for babies & kids. You will bring your deep customer empathy and enthusiasm for our mission to deliver impactful experiences across our mobile app, physical devices, and content experience.
- Deliver value and delight to parents and their little ones through all the ups and downs of their sleep journey.
- Develop a deep understanding of their pain points and opportunities through user research and data analysis.
- Motivate a stellar cross-functional team of dedicated designers, engineers, product marketers, and QA leads to deliver high-quality solutions -- balancing speed, quality and some shared resources.
- Own the complete product lifecycle: define product requirements, sketch wireframes, draft specs, and partner with design, engineering, and marketing to bring delightful experiences to life.
- Have a big impact on a growing, evolving people-centered startup that truly helps people sleep better.
This person must be based in the United States or Canada. Hatch is based out of California, so this role would be asked to be available during PST/PDT hours.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months:
- Get to know our company strategies + products like the back of your hand.
- Build a solid understanding of our product experience, across our mobile app, IoT platform, and content.
- Establish close working relationships stakeholders across engineering, product, design, marketing, and customer support.
- Define product requirements, sketch wireframes, draft specs, and partner with design, engineering, user research, and marketing.
- Start executing work on the Q1 roadmap.
Within 6 Months:
- Obsess over the performance of your product area, proactively managing key metrics and actively searching for new opportunities.
- Work with user research, marketing, design and engineering to deliver new features and enhance existing ones.
- Define success metrics for, measure, and evaluate the impact of product efforts.
- Work with the Product Lead for Kids and other cross functional leaders to define our roadmap for Q2+.
After 1 Year:
- Deliver creative and meaningful new experiences that help families get better rest.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of consumer product management experience, ideally with mobile or subscription-based products.
- Comfort in navigating ambiguity and thriving in a dynamic startup environment.
- Strong customer empathy and a track record of creating beloved products.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills.
- Proven track record of shipping product experiences that drive key business metrics.
- Knowledge about audio-based products like podcasts, music, or meditation apps.
- Experience working for a hardware, digital wellness, or sleep-focused brand.
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 97% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth.
- We let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 16 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform for you and one other adult dependent
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.