Chief of Staff, Engineering
There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
Our Engineering team is growing and we're looking for a Chief of Staff to the Head of Engineering to join us in our mission to help people get their best sleep by helping us scale up our engineering organization in order to create delightful experiences for our customers. This role will report to the Head of Engineering. This person must be based in the United States or Canada. Hatch is based out of California, so this role would be asked to be available during PST/PDT hours.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months:
- Understand our organizational and technical ecosystem
- Form strong collaborative relationships with the leadership team across the organization
Within 6 Months:
- Help lead and drive strategic initiatives for Engineering
- Maintain and prioritize a project backlog for Engineering led initiatives
After 1 Year:
- Contribute to and enable an engineering culture that embodies our Hatch values
- Help define Engineering strategies to meet company objectives
What You’ll Bring
- Proven experience in a leadership role, preferably as a Chief of Staff or Business Operations leader, supporting CTOs or other senior executives, especially in a startup environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. You can convey complex ideas concisely.
- Capable of collaborating with diverse stakeholders across the organization.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Deep technical experience with the ability to understand system architectures
- Strong data analysis skills - you can read log files, it wouldn't hurt if you can write SQL
- Ability to lead projects independently
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to learn new things quickly
- Comfortable working in a high growth environment
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 97% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth.
- We let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 16 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform for you and one other adult dependent
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.