Associate Creative Director, Design
There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
In the past, Hatch has been mostly a Direct Response marketer. As we work to cement the existing love for our brand and expand further into the grown-up sleep category, we are increasing our investment in a full scope marketing department. We want Hatch to be an earned media machine, driven by savvy PR, smart, fast social media, and undeniable campaign creativity.
This is a conceptual creative job, and you should be self-motivated to find ideas and bring them to life to make audiences actually notice, and actually care. You love to identify and play with the human truths that make consumers say “you get me.” You know how to conjure, spot and develop an idea that will make people talk. And share.
Up until recently, Hatch design was mostly outsourced. Today, we have a thriving, world-class, cross-functional design team imbuing our offering with beauty, form and function. Hatch products are a breeze to navigate and look great on the nightstand. We are looking for an Associate Creative Director with a strong design background to level-up our expression of design and art direction in the marketing group and interpret our design ethos in a brand new context.
On the personal side, sleep is your thing. You recognize how you feel when you’re rested - and when you’re not - and you love to share with friends your tips and tricks for the perfect restorative nap or how to train yourself to get up in time to see a life-changing sunrise.
The ACD, Design will work directly with the Creative Director and the rest of the marketing organization leaders. Come join us as we continue to grow in a market worth over $30B in the US alone.
What You'll Do:
- Be part of the team crafting the creative future of a great emerging consumer brand
- Collaborate closely with the creative and design teams to bring Hatch’s design ethos to life in all marketing channels
- In your capacity as ACD, you’ll lead creative campaign work from start to finish
- Transform marketing strategy imperatives and business objectives into delightful, customer-first concepts
- Bring our brand story to life in ways that generate conversation about us in social and the press
- Ideate, create, and direct the work of others to design visuals that resonate with target audiences across a range of formats, including digital acquisition campaigns, product launches, emails, OOH, paid advertising, et al.
- Work closely with creative leadership, brand and growth teams to translate high-level campaign direction, customer insights data, and current trends into compelling work
- Partner closely with the marketing designers to mentor them towards strong conceptual work
- Leverage a proactive, detail-oriented mindset to gather information, integrate feedback, and keep work moving from first draft to final approval
- Change gears easily, working with different teams and channels in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Oversee and manage a team of designers and know who to assign what, and who to additionally bring on based on creative brief
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of experience as a brand/agency/marketing designer on consumer-facing products, ideally in a start-up environment
- A portfolio that shows strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables, including brand campaigns, paid and organic social, product messaging, lifecycle, and brand guidelines
- Previous conceptual work that has generated earned media outside of the media/advertising/marketing trade pubs
- An always-on filter for the most interesting things happening in culture, that is reflected in the ideas you bring to the table
- Comfort with leading photo/video shoots, both for scrappy or large budget productions
- Experience in making complex, high level concepts into and consumer-friendly work
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills, ability to handle multiple projects across several categories/channels
- A creative, positive, and flexible attitude
- Experience with creating digital customer experiences with the ability to distill complex ideas and objectives into clear, concise creative
- Ability and curiosity to review data and process user feedback to identify creative insights and opportunities
- Able to deliver high quality designs across different projects at speed in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Ability to adapt designs according to nuance and context of different platforms and touchpoints
- Deep interest in and curiosity about the evolution and future of sleep wellness and self-care
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 97% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth
- We let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 16 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform for you and one other adult dependent
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.