Senior Product Designer, Kids
There is nothing like the feeling of a good night’s sleep. Cozy, wrapped-up-in-a-heavy-blanket sleep. Fire crackling, curtains drawn, DO NOT DISTURB kind of sleep. *Hygge stuff. That’s the kind of sleep we’re talking about. 85% of people agree sleep is a key to their wellbeing, but more than 50% of people are unsatisfied with their own sleep. Whether it’s stress, interruption, work, children, people need help getting great rest!
Hatch is on a mission to help everyone in the family get great sleep. Getting high quality sleep improves focus, energy, and performance no matter what you love to do in your life. We make bedside sleep devices and original content to help people wind down, sleep deeply and rise rested and relaxed. Led by Rest, the #1 baby registry item on Amazon, and Restore, our Award-winning adult focused product, we have helped over 3 million sleepers of all ages find space for rest in their lives.
Our design community is growing and we're looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us in our mission to help people get their best sleep. This role will be a key part of our product team focused on kids’ sleep health; helping babies and kids build good sleep habits as they develop, and making bedtime and wake up moments less stressful and more fun for the whole family.
Hatch Rest is a market defining product used and loved nightly by millions of parents, babies, and kids. As our Senior Product Designer on Kids, you will lead design in collaboration with our research, product, and engineering teams as we constantly improve our product experiences. This is a fun and challenging product to work on; building new IoT product experiences that take advantage of our unique hardware ecosystem and our ever expanding light and audio content offering.
You will be joining Hatch’s world class, cross-functional design community; spanning product, research, hardware, brand, marketing creative, and audio content. As a team we’re upleveling our brand and product offering, and are looking for a talented designer looking to push the boundaries of digital product design, while keeping our customers at the center of everything we do.
Come join our team as we dream up new experiences that help people reclaim their rest, and work to define the sleep space as an essential part of overall health and wellness. This role will report to the Head of Design.
This person must be based in the United States or Canada. Hatch is based out of California, so this role would be asked to be available during PST/PDT hours.
What You’ll Do
Within 3 Months:
- Build a solid understanding of our device ecosystem, the science of sleep, and the Hatch brand.
- Form strong collaborative relationships across our design, engineering, audio content, product, and marketing teams.
- Dive deep into the diverse needs of our parent and kid customers, through past work + the ongoing research we conduct.
- Immerse yourself in the current product interface, our design system, and the history of our kids app.
Within 6 Months:
- Operate confidently as a core member of the kids team.
- Take ownership of in-process and product spec Figma files.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to improve our product and launch new features.
- Proactively spot opportunities to improve our design workflows, and document areas to improve the product for our customers.
After 1 Year:
- Act as the go to resource for design on our kids products.
- Lead design within the kids product team, bringing in other designers as needed to support key efforts.
- Demonstrate a high level of collaboration and communication between eng and product as we design and release new features and updates.
- Actively contribute to infusing creativity, play, and learning into our team culture.
What You’ll Bring
- Passion for state of the art product experiences that lead with simplicity and delight.
- 5+ years of mobile product design/UX/UI experience with a strong portfolio showcasing your abilities and imagination.
- Significant experience using core design tools (Figma and Adobe CS) and an ability to ask for help and get creative to fill in gaps in skills or software.
- Strong storytelling and communication skills.
- Experience utilizing insights, performance feedback, and your strong design sensibilities to transform customer needs and business goals into engaging and polished designs.
- A deep understanding of UX practices, and color, space, typography, iconography, illustration and visual interface design best practices
- Excitement about building a strong design culture within a fast-paced startup environment.
- Big bonus if you are excited to design for wellness, connected devices, and employ a human-centered design approach.
Why You Will Love Working at Hatch!
- We are certified as A Great Place to Work! 97% of our employees have reported that Hatch is a great place to work.
- We have an amazing leadership team that truly values its employees and lives our company values each and every day.
- We delight our customers with something everyone needs: a good night’s sleep!
- Our team is collaborative, fun, and brilliant!
- You have an opportunity to make a large impact in people’s lives
- We are backed by world class investors including True Ventures and have strong revenue growth.
- We let you take care of what you need by offering a flexible/remote work environment
We also take care of you through our comprehensive compensation package and many other perks and benefits including:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision for employees and 80% coverage for dependents
- Meaningful equity
- 401(k) match with no vesting schedule
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for those important moments in life
- 16 free therapy sessions on Samata Health's platform for you and one other adult dependent
- Financial Support for Family Planning
- Remote office allowance
- Monthly Internet reimbursement allowance
- Friends and Family discount on our products
- Discount program from popular brands in travel, entertainment and retail
- Many other spontaneous perks
Designed by experts and loved by parents, our Rest family includes Rest, Rest+, Rest Mini, and Rest (2nd Gen)—all-in-one sleep products designed for babies and kids that can be controlled remotely. Hatch Restore is a fully-customizable product geared toward helping adults sleep well. As an all-in-one sleep assistant, Restore helps people personalize their perfect night of slumber. Launched in 2014 by parent entrepreneurs Ann Crady Weiss and Dave Weiss, and featured on “Shark Tank” in 2016, Hatch is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.