At Gradle Inc. our purpose is to bring joy to software builders and value to the business professionals that use it. We are the company behind the Gradle Build Tool, which is one of the top 20 Most Popular Open Source Projects for IT, used by millions of developers, and is downloaded almost 30 million times a month.
Our commercial product, Gradle Enterprise, has set new standards in software development and is used at companies like LinkedIn, Google, Netflix, SAP, and most valuable technology and Global 1000 companies from around the world. As such, Gradle is one of the fastest-growing start-up ventures based in Silicon Valley. We achieved our Series C funding in December of 2021 and are moving into a period of rapid growth.
Gradle is one of the original remote-first organizations - we were founded back in 2008 by two engineers living on opposite sides of the world. Today, the Gradle workforce includes employees in 27 countries and 5 continents.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive environment where we learn from each other is important to our values and culture. We welcome all people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives!
Play a Critical Role in Helping Our Customers Optimize Developer Productivity
As a Pre-Sales Engineer at Gradle, you will be on the front lines, working closely with our customers, prospects, and partners, guiding them on how to optimize the productivity of their engineering organization by improving the software build and testing processes. You will work with our Sales, Product, and Engineering teams to help customers understand and experience the value of the Gradle Enterprise solution from a technical, business, and financial perspective.
We Remove Obstacles to Your Success
At Gradle, our sales organization leverages the following to to allow you to focus on creating pipeline and driving revenue:
- A hardened qualification and prioritization process to ensure you are engaged with right end users at the right companies
- A world class product that solves a massive problem every software developer and Engineering leader faces daily
- A standardized evaluation process that delivers immediate technical value and a hard cost ROI in just a few days
- A referenceable network of customers and OSS partners willing to speak to new prospects about their success
Who You Are And What You Will Do
- Collaborate with the Sales team to identify and communicate the potential application of the Gradle Enterprise product in prospective customer environments.
- Deliver inspiring and compelling software demos, solution presentations, workshops, and product trials showcasing Gradle Enterprise’s value.
- Provide technical recommendations on how to orchestrate, test, optimize and understand prospective customers’ software builds leveraging Gradle solutions
- Collaborate with the Engineering team SMEs to implement specific use cases that are high-value for prospects and customers.
- Become a trusted Developer Productivity technical advisor to prospective customers and the partner community.
- Act as a SME to educate your Sales colleagues on relevant product knowledge.
- Help to maintain FAQs of information learned in the field and tested through experience.
- Keep current with the latest trends and tools in the DPE, SDLC, and DevOps landscape.
- Communicate important customer product feedback to Product Marketing and Engineering teams.
What You Bring
- 10+ years of experience working in Pre-Sales Engineering, Solutions Engineering, Consulting, IT Architecture, Build Engineering, DevOps, or a combination of these, either selling to, or working in, enterprise environments. Practitioners are welcome and encouraged to apply. If you have domain experience and are excited about the possibility of working in a field role, we invite you to talk to us.
- Familiarity and technical understanding of SDLC tools, and build tools in particular:
- Build tools (Maven, Gradle, Android, Bazel, NPM, etc.)
- VCSs (Git, Subversion, etc.)
- CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, GitLab, TeamCity, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.)
- Artifact repositories (Artifactory, Nexus, etc.)
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize activities autonomously in the best interest of your Sales team.
- A “continuous learning” mindset and thirst for knowledge, with a deep desire to build impactful solutions.
- A willingness to travel to customer sites and events
Nice to Have
- Hands-on experience with Gradle Enterprise
- Hands-on experience with uploading a Build Scan® to scans.gradle.com
What We Offer
- Ability to work from any place in the world in a remote-first environment with flexible working hours
- Work on a fast-growing product with a clear vision for the future
- Close collaboration with an ambitious and experienced team and the opportunity to learn from them regardless of your experience level
- Opportunities for growth in your career and in leadership responsibilities
- In-person meetings, such as our annual company offsite (where previous locations have included France, Spain, and Italy), team meetings, and onboardings
- Contribute to leading solutions in the new industry of Developer Productivity Engineering and work with cutting-edge DPE tools and practices
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
We offer competitive salaries and equity grants to all team members.
The US salary range for this position is 185,000-275,000 OTE which reflects the target ranges for all US locations. Within this range, individual pay is determined by geographic location and additional factors including but not limited to experience, relevant skills, qualifications, seniority, performance, and travel requirements. Our recruiting team can share more information about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
- A focus on learning and development – Gradle offers an annual L&D stipend and a monthly company-wide Learning Day
- Home office stipend to make sure you are fully set up to work remotely
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid public holidays
- Volunteer Day - Giving back to the community has always been a priority at Gradle, so we offer up to 8 hours of paid work time each year for team members to give back to their local communities
- (US) Competitive healthcare offerings with multiple options covered at 100% for team members only, short-term and long-term disability coverage, and employer-paid life insurance coverage
Remote from (preferred) San Francisco, CA or PST time zone
While our team works remotely and is spread across the globe, we deeply value daily interactions and collaboration.
Visit our careers page to learn more about the company and see other open positions.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
For information about our collection, use, and disclosure of applicants’ personal information as well as applicants’ rights over their personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.