Lead Frontend Engineer
Develocity is a first-of-its-kind product that software teams use to accelerate and optimize Gradle, Apache Maven™, Bazel, and sbt builds. It comprises several facets, including large-volume data ingestion and processing, complex data analysis and visualization, and distributed caching and execution systems.
Our software is used by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, SAP, several top ten banks, and many other major customers across all verticals. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We have partnered with the Apache Software Foundation, the Micronaut Foundation, and other OSS projects like Spring, Quarkus, Kotlin Compiler, JUnit, AndroidX, etc., to bring the values of Develocity also to the OSS Community.
We are looking for a lead frontend engineer with a demonstrated ability to efficiently deliver and maintain robust and useful frontend solutions, as part of a collaborative team.
Our ideal candidates have a proven ability to deliver testable, evolvable, and scalable React-based architectures. They are passionate about user experience and are driven to deliver value to users. They thrive on challenging problems, understand the nuances of performance and memory optimization, possess and can capably articulate strong opinions, and feel comfortable collaborating with a distributed team.
- Designing and implementing robust solutions
- Applying automated quality assurance
- Employing modern software development techniques and practices
- Doing user research, outreach and support
- Assisting clients during trials and in production
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Contributing to changes that improve the team’s velocity and efficiency
- 7 years of software development experience
- Experience leading projects end to end
- Working proficiency and communication skills in written and verbal English
- Experience delivering large-scale frontend solutions with React
- Experience working with CSS and layout managers
- Experience developing and maintaining Webpack builds
- Ability to debug, profile, and optimize code
- Ability to perform and receive code reviews
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills
- Interest and ability to learn new software development skills and techniques
What We Offer
- Work on a widely used product with a clear vision for the future
- Contribute to leading solutions in the new industry of Developer Productivity Engineering
- Close customer interaction with engineers from leading tech organizations
- An automation-focused, test-driven engineering culture
- Close collaboration with experienced and dedicated peer engineers
- Opportunities for growth in technical and leadership responsibilities
- In-person meetings, such as our annual company offsite and team meetings
- Work from home in a remote-first environment
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
Benefits & Perks
- A focus on learning and development – Gradle offers an annual learning and development stipend and a monthly company-wide Learning Day, where we encourage all team members to focus on their professional development for the day
- A hardware package that includes a laptop, monitor, other peripheral hardware, and a home office stipend to make sure you are fully set up to work remotely
- Generous paid time off
- Paid public holidays
- Volunteer Day – We offer up to 8 hours of paid work time each year for team members to give back to their local communities
- Anywhere in the world with working conditions that allow for seamless collaboration with your colleagues through email, chat, and video streaming
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Attach your Resume/CV and answer the required fields below
- Create a build scan for any OSS project and tag it with frontend-engineer
After applying, familiarize yourself with the Develocity hiring process to understand the next steps.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
For information about our collection, use, and disclosure of applicants’ personal information as well as applicants’ rights over their personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Listen to Roberto Lucha describing his work on the Develocity Frontend Engineering team.