Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Develocity is a first-of-its-kind product that software teams use to accelerate and optimize Bazel, Gradle, Maven, and sbt builds. It comprises several facets, including large-volume data ingestion and processing, complex data analysis and visualization, and distributed caching and execution systems.
Our software is used by some of the world’s leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter. We continuously collaborate with these and other users to make our products better.
We are looking for a Lead Cloud Infrastructure engineer with a demonstrated ability to design, build and operate highly reliable cloud-native infrastructure components as part of a collaborative team.
Our ideal candidates have led projects or team, are passionate about infrastructure automation and have a success record with automated deployment at scale. They take pride in delivering and operating foundational platforms that feature development teams and users can rely on. In addition, they can effectively communicate complex concepts to experts and non-experts, contribute and articulate strong opinions, and thrive as part of a distributed team.
- Delivering core infrastructure that the Develocity engineering teams depend on
- Maintaining and enhancing our Kubernetes-based application platform
- Improving our infrastructure monitoring and incident management
- Operating hosted Develocity instances for scans.gradle.com, popular OSS projects and customers
- Collaborating with the DevProd team to provide robust continuous delivery practices
- Collaborating with the Security team to deliver secure infrastructure
- 7 years of cloud infrastructure experience
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience with infrastructure as code and automated application deployment
- Working proficiency and communication skills in written and verbal English
- Experience operating highly available systems at scale
- Experience building infrastructure automation with Terraform
- Experience designing and developing Kubernetes-based application platforms
- Familiarity with GitOps practices and tooling for infrastructure automation
- Knowledge of industry best practices with regard to infrastructure security
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills
- Interest and ability to learn new software development skills and techniques
What we offer
- Shaping and improving the infrastructure platform that powers the Develocity engineering teams and underpins Gradle’s managed Develocity offerings
- Close customer interaction with engineers from leading tech organizations
- An automation-focused, test-driven engineering culture
- Close collaboration with experienced and dedicated peer engineers
- Opportunities for growth in technical and leadership responsibilities
- In-person meetings, such as our annual company offsite and team meetings
- Work from home in a remote-first environment
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
Benefits & Perks
- A focus on learning and development – Gradle offers an annual learning and development stipend and a monthly company-wide Learning Day, where we encourage all team members to focus on their professional development for the day
- A hardware package that includes a laptop, monitor, other peripheral hardware, and a home office stipend to make sure you are fully set up to work remotely
- Generous paid time off
- Paid public holidays
- Volunteer Day – We offer up to 8 hours of paid work time each year for team members to give back to their local communities
- Gradle is a global, remote team. To ensure optimal collaboration with the existing Infrastructure team, we are seeking someone in the Eastern Time Zone (EST) of USA.
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Attach your Resume/CV and answer the required fields below
After applying, familiarize yourself with the Develocity hiring process to understand the next steps.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
For information about our collection, use, and disclosure of applicants’ personal information as well as applicants’ rights over their personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.