Senior Customer Support Engineer
Gradle Enterprise is a first-of-its-kind product that software teams use to accelerate and optimize Gradle, Apache Maven™, Bazel, and sbt builds. It comprises several facets, including large-volume data ingestion and processing, complex data analysis and visualization, and distributed caching and execution systems.
Our software is used by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, SAP, several top ten banks, and many other major customers across all verticals. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We have partnered with the Apache Software Foundation, the Micronaut Foundation, and other OSS projects like Spring, Quarkus, Kotlin Compiler, JUnit, AndroidX, etc., to bring the values of Gradle Enterprise also to the OSS Community.
We are looking for engineers with a strong passion for helping users resolve operational and usage issues, maximizing the benefit they get from Gradle Enterprise.
Our ideal candidates are passionate about developer productivity and are motivated by helping many engineering teams worldwide improve theirs. They thrive on challenging infrastructure problems, can quickly navigate complex environments and codebases, listen carefully, seek to understand an issue thoroughly, and embrace the challenges of collaborating within a distributed team to achieve outstanding results.
- Supporting our hundreds of customers swiftly and with high competence
- Analyzing complex problems and translating them into actionable items
- Ensuring technical customer issues are serviced within our SLAs and managed to resolution
- Fostering strong relationships with our customers for the delivery of technical support
- Improving efficiency and automation of our support processes
- Contributing to the internal knowledge base and public documentation
- Contributing product feedback to the Gradle Enterprise engineering team
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Ability to understand unfamiliar environments and scenarios quickly
- Working proficiency and communication skills in written and verbal English
- Experience interacting with customers and understanding their requirements
- Experience working with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Familiarity with network engineering
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills
- Interest and ability to learn new software development skills and techniques
What we offer
- Interacting closely with customers that are amongst the world's best software engineering teams
- Contributing strategic, technical improvements to our products
- An automation-focused, test-driven engineering culture
- An ambitious and experienced engineering team, dedicated to craft and delivery
- Close collaboration with world-class engineers around the globe on novel products
- In-person onboarding with your team and yearly, extraordinary company offsite event
- Opportunities for growth in technical and managerial responsibilities
- Attractive compensation package including company equity
- Anywhere in EMEA with working conditions that allow for seamless collaboration with your colleagues through email, chat, and video streaming
How to apply
The following is required with your application:
- Attach your Resume/CV and answer the required fields below
- Create a build scan for any OSS project and tag it with support-engineer
After applying, familiarize yourself with the Gradle Enterprise hiring process to understand the next steps.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
For information about our collection, use, and disclosure of applicants’ personal information as well as applicants’ rights over their personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.