Lead Bazel Engineer
Develocity is a first-of-its-kind product that software teams use to accelerate and optimize Bazel, Gradle, Maven, and sbt builds. It comprises several facets, including large-volume data ingestion and processing, complex data analysis and visualization, and distributed caching and execution systems.
Our software is used by some of the world’s leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter. We continuously collaborate with these and other users to make our products better.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer proficient with the Bazel build system to help shape, build and deliver products that empower enterprise scale Bazel usage.
Our ideal candidates are passionate about developer productivity and thrive on the satisfaction of helping many engineering teams around the world improve theirs. They are able to use expertise and interpersonal skills to help customers and potential customers get the maximum possible benefit from technology developed by Gradle Inc.
- Design, implement, test, deliver and maintain Develocity features
- Solve technical problems that have large scope, complexity, and business impact
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team, propose and implement solutions
- Advocate for improvements to product, performance, and security
- Participate in Develocity releases in collaboration with the entire engineering team
- Practical experience developing and maintaining one or more large Bazel builds
- Practical experience deploying and maintaining remote caching and execution infrastructure
- Experience with programming in Java or Kotlin.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in written and verbal English
- Experience with Bazel Build Event Protocol and Remote Execution API
- Experience working as a Build Engineer in a large organization
- Experience with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience working on developer tools
What We Offer
- Work on a widely used product with a clear vision for the future
- Contribute to leading solutions in the new industry of Developer Productivity Engineering
- Close customer interaction with engineers from leading tech organizations
- An automation-focused, test-driven engineering culture
- Close collaboration with experienced and dedicated peer engineers
- Opportunities for growth in technical and leadership responsibilities
- In-person meetings, such as our annual company offsite and team meetings
- Work from home in a remote-first environment
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
Benefits & Perks
- A focus on learning and development – Gradle offers an annual learning and development stipend and a monthly company-wide Learning Day, where we encourage all team members to focus on their professional development for the day
- A hardware package that includes a laptop, monitor, other peripheral hardware, and a home office stipend to make sure you are fully set up to work remotely
- Generous paid time off
- Paid public holidays
- Volunteer Day – We offer up to 8 hours of paid work time each year for team members to give back to their local communities
- We are looking for someone in Europe for this role
How to apply
- The following is required with your application:
- Attach your Resume/CV and answer the required fields below
- After applying, we will be in touch with you about the next steps.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, and Twitter.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
For information about our collection, use, and disclosure of applicants’ personal information as well as applicants’ rights over their personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.