Senior Operations Program Manager
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Glowforge has created an incredible product that has captured the hearts of millions - our 3D laser printer is revolutionizing the way people create and innovate. So far, we've been successful, but we know that to reach even greater heights and truly change the world, we need someone with your skills and experience at the helm to industrialize new products!
Why we need you
With your talent for coordinating resources and streamlining processes, you will ensure the success of our projects, and ultimately, the growth of our company. Without you, we won't be able to deliver our amazing products to customers around the globe, and our vision of a world where anyone can print anything will remain just that: only a vision.
Here's what you'll be doing
As our Senior Operations Program Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our company's future. You'll oversee the industrialization and production ramp of our products, ensuring we meet our goals in quality, volume, and cost-efficiency. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as R&D, Finance, and Customer Success, and implement phase gate processes for smooth project execution.
In this role, you will:
- Create industrialization project plans and rally team members across the globe, pushing boundaries to shorten time-to-market and deliver top quality results.
- Forge strong partnerships with suppliers, using their capabilities to enhance our designs, ensure top quality, and minimize costs.
- Address a wide range of project challenges head-on and mitigate risks, ensuring our trajectory stays true to our goals.
- Drive initiatives and projects from start to finish, exceeding expectations every step of the way.
- Define and implement world-class manufacturing, testing, and quality processes and equipment for our products.
You need these qualifications:
- A 4-year degree in engineering or supply chain management, or equivalent experience
- At least five years of experience in program management, industrialization, and/or supply chain management in the electronics industry
- Managed complex products and teams in outsourced manufacturing, showing adaptability and strong leadership.
- Excelled in fast-paced, high-volume consumer electronics production, delivering quality results.
- Enthusiastically embraced business travel averaging around 25% of your time
- Consistently showcased exceptional analytical and strategic thinking, driving innovative solutions.
It would be nice if...
- You have experience with optics and optical modules
- You've worked at a startup, setting up and establishing critical business and operational processes in contract manufacturing
- You are a creative, determined individual who shares our passion for serving the global community of makers
We love cover letters. We read them before the resume. Please tell us about a product that you worked on that you’re proud of, and what contribution you made that you’re most excited about.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at [email protected]. We'd love to have you join us.