NMR Scientist, Natural Products Chemistry
Boulder, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Enveda is looking for an NMR Scientist with a small molecule Natural Products Chemistry background to join our team in Boulder, Colorado!
The contribution you will make:
We are seeking a highly talented and innovative NMR Scientist to join our Natural Products Chemistry team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in NMR spectroscopy and a passion for natural products chemistry and drug discovery. This role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking platform drug discovery research in the field of natural products chemistry. Your primary responsibilities and duties will include maintaining and operating NMR instrumentation with CryoPlatform and cryoprobes, 1D and 2D-NMR data acquisition, structure elucidation of small molecule natural products, and design and execution of other NMR experiments such as protein-ligand interactions.
You get to collaborate on:
- Conducting high-resolution NMR spectroscopy experiments on microgram scale natural product samples using micro cryoprobes to elucidate their structures.
- Analyzing and interpreting NMR data, including 1D and 2D NMR spectra.
- Collaborating with interdisciplinary teams to provide NMR support for ongoing research projects.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting NMR instrumentation with CryoPlatform and cryoprobes to ensure optimal performance.
- Developing and implementing new NMR techniques, methods, internal databases as needed.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in NMR spectroscopy and natural products chemistry and train people within the department.
- Supporting multiple projects within platform chemistry services like QC, LCMS analysis, fractionation, and purifications.
- Preparing SOPs, documentation, reports, presentations, and participating in internal/ external meetings.
- Working within a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented start-up environment.
Who will thrive in this role?
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Natural Products Chemistry, or a related field with 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong expertise in NMR spectroscopy, including experience with high-resolution NMR instruments, cryoprobes and data analysis.
- Previous experience working with drug discovery, natural products or complex organic molecules is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in interpreting complex NMR spectra, including 2D experiments (COSY, HSQC, HMBC, etc.).
- Experience with spectral database construction, chemometric data interpretation, and analysis.
- Experience in LCMS and small molecule purifications is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot NMR instrument issues.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Familiarity with NMR software and data processing tools.
- Publication record in peer-reviewed journals is a plus.
What to expect in the interview process:
- HR Screen (30 minutes)
- Hiring Manager Interview (45 minutes)
- [On-site] Lab Tour (30 minutes)
- [On-site] Seminar (30 minutes)
- [On-site] Technical Interview (90 minutes)
- Enveda Culture interview (30 minutes)
Some of the total rewards of working here:
- Culture: Enveda lives for people
- Salary: $110,000 - $135,000
- Healthcare: Medical, dental and vision insurance. Company pays 90% of premium for employee and dependents.
- 401k: Traditional or Roth 401k matching of 4% (100% of your contributions up to 4% of your annual compensation).
- PTO: Flexible paid time off (that we encourage and celebrate) and company-wide weeklong break to recharge in addition to 10 observed holidays and 1 floating holiday.
- Work-Life Harmony
Come join us!
Our employees are the lifeblood of our work and our inspiration to press on. Together we've built a special place here—a drug discovery platform that's unique in the world with an incredible team collaborating in a creative, transformative culture. Our mission is to bring hope to patients everywhere. Our progress towards that goal would not be possible without talented people like you.
Using imagination and dedication, we are working to improve human health and give hope to patients everywhere. Our work together is empowering, trustable and collaborative, enabling each of us to do our best work
• Don't rush, but don't wait. • Over-communicate and follow up by default. • No question or comment is incorrect, silly, or basic. • Listen to, learn from, grow with, and help grow your team. • Always say what you really think - with positive intent. • Be an Intrapreneur. • Celebrate your wins, and also your failures. • We are One Enveda. • Be courageous.
We value your uniqueness
One of life's gifts is to interact with a variety of people. Each of us has a unique story that shapes how we view the world, and solve problems. Learning from each other enhances our collective wisdom while achieving better outcomes at a faster clip. People from all kinds of backgrounds can succeed in all kinds of roles.
Our work environment appreciates the contributions of every person. Working together is how we produce results that illuminate our Purpose - To Deliver Hope To Every Patient. One-Enveda is a company value because success depends on trusting, working relationships that respect the commonality and differences of people.
At Enveda we are building a place where every person can do the best work of their lifetime.
Enveda is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Please note jobs may be taken down from our website, this does not mean they have been filled. This is to maintain our candidate experience for current applicants. If you are in the interview process and would like to request a copy of the job description, reach out to your recruiting contact.