Scientific Project Lead, Neurosensory
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Enveda is looking for a Scientific Project Lead, Neurosensory to join our team remotely!
The contribution you will make:
We are looking for a thoughtful, creative, and experienced Principal Scientist in the areas of neuropain and neurosensory diseases. You will lead the team to develop diverse in-vitro assays, surrounding neurodegenerative diseases to support drug development studies with our strategic goals. You will also have wide-ranging responsibilities and opportunities within a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly interdisciplinary, and collaborative team.
As a member of the Pipeline team, you will report to the CSO.
You get to collaborate on:
- Be a thoughtful and creative leader of therapeutic research in neurosensory diseases (including itch and pain).
- Be the go-to expert in discovery through late-stage research in neurosensory diseases. Conceptualize and lead the scientific strategy therapeutic research programs into early clinical development including assay development, connecting the dots across in vitro and in vivo assays, developing a translational medicine strategy, incorporating clinical feedback into non-clinical study design, endpoints, safety evaluations and dose selections.
- Be a strategic thought partner in development of therapeutics from ideation of the therapeutic hypothesis through IND filings and phase 1.
- Identify and advance new opportunities, targets, and modalities and be an expert resource to guide BD opportunities.
- Demonstrate ability to function as a principal investigator, generating original technical ideas and research or development strategies.
- Propose disease relevant secondary assays to narrow potential indications for phenotypic hits or serve as better in vitro assays guiding SAR with the ultimate goal to develop and advance discovery programs in immune diseases up until Candidate Identification and Candidate Selection.
- Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult technical problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Sound judgment, excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to provide recommendations around complex scientific results
- Contribute as the indication expert for multiple early discovery programs related to immunology .
- Work with Business Development and Clinical teams to identify key program requirements (eg. benchmarks, differentiators, MOA, target validation and secondary assays/in vivo models, etc.).
- Work with other matrix functional areas to define key aspects of the integrated development plans, including the assessment of medical need, proposal of clinical development pathways, and review of preclinical data for clinical implications.
Who will thrive in this role?
- PhD/MD in immunology or related field with 15+ years of direct experience
- 10+ years experience in drug development and in neurosensory diseases
- Deep working knowledge in assay development, cell biology and signal transduction pathways in neurosensory diseases
- Recognized and sought out as an expert in their discipline
- Ability to lead multiple projects and work streams across R&D, including assessment of workload and resourcing requirements to deliver the team’s objectives
- Ability to gain respect and trust as a team lead, independent of direct reports
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years experience leading a cross functional team
- If you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your experience.
What to expect in the interview process:
- HR Screen (30 minutes)
- Hiring Manager Interview (30 minutes)
- Work Sample Interview (60 minutes)
- Technical Interview (45 minutes)
- Enveda Culture Interview (30 minutes)
Some of the total rewards of working here
- Culture: Enveda lives for people
- Salary: $185,000 - $220,000
- Healthcare: Medical, dental and vision insurance. 90% coverage of employee premiums
- 401k: Traditional or Roth 401k matching of 4% (100% of your contributions up to 4% of your annual compensation).
- PTO: Flexible paid time off (that we encourage and celebrate). Company-wide weeklong break to recharge. 10 observed holidays and 1 floating holiday.
- Work-Life Harmony
Come join us!
Our employees are the lifeblood of our work and our inspiration to press on. Together we've built a special place here—a drug discovery platform that's unique in the world with an incredible team collaborating in a creative, transformative culture. Our mission is to bring hope to patients everywhere. Our progress towards that goal would not be possible without talented people like you.
Using imagination and dedication, we are working to improve human health and give hope to patients everywhere. Our work together is empowering, trustable and collaborative, enabling each of us to do our best work
• Don't rush, but don't wait. • Over-communicate and follow up by default. • No question or comment is incorrect, silly, or basic. • Listen to, learn from, grow with, and help grow your team. • Always say what you really think - with positive intent. • Be an Intrapreneur. • Celebrate your wins, and also your failures. • We are One Enveda. • Be courageous.
We value your uniqueness
One of life's gifts is to interact with a variety of people. Each of us has a unique story that shapes how we view the world, and solve problems. Learning from each other enhances our collective wisdom while achieving better outcomes at a faster clip. People from all kinds of backgrounds can succeed in all kinds of roles.
Our work environment appreciates the contributions of every person. Working together is how we produce results that illuminate our Purpose - To Deliver Hope To Every Patient. One-Enveda is a company value because success depends on trusting, working relationships that respect the commonality and differences of people.
At Enveda we are building a place where every person can do the best work of their lifetime.
Enveda is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Please note jobs may be taken down from our website, this does not mean they have been filled. This is to maintain our candidate experience for current applicants. If you are in the interview process and would like to request a copy of the job description, reach out to your recruiting contact.