Research Associate II, Mass Spectrometry
Boulder, CO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Enveda Biosciences is looking for a Research Associate to join our team onsite in Boulder, CO.!
The contribution you will make:
You will lead experiments using UPLC-MS and our in-house systems to profile natural products and enable the discovery of new medicines.
As a member of the Platform Chemistry team, you will report to the Senior Scientist,Mass spectrometry.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- You will independently run experiments to profile and screen complex natural products samples on UPLC-MS and using custom in-house chromatography systems.
- You will support our Affinity Selection Mass Spectrometry project by performing sample preparation, running batches, and registering data.
- You will collaborate with colleagues on other teams to ensure they are running the right experiments and collecting the data that suits their research goals.
- You will perform sample preparation and scheduling instrument time in a way that maximizes instrument uptime.
- You will maintain and troubleshoot Preparative LCs, UPLCs, and Bruker timsTOF mass spectrometers.
- You will prepare SOPs, documentation, reports, presentations, and participate in internal/ external meetings.
- You will maintain compliance with Enveda's electronic lab notebook, SOPs, internal database and support of Enveda's standards for protection of intellectual property.
Who will succeed in this role?
- You have a BS in analytical chemistry or a related discipline with 6+ years of relevant experience or an MS in analytical chemistry or a related discipline with 4+ years of relevant experience in an industry/CRO/academic research lab setting. Exceptional applicants who do not meet the experience requirements may be considered.
- You understand the fundamentals of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry, and hands-on experience with LC-MS systems.
- You have an affinity for streamlining or automating workflows.
- You are proficient in Python and SQL or are open to learning these programming languages.
- You can maintain focus within a fast-paced startup environment where priorities can change quickly.
What to expect in the interview process:
- HR screen (30 minutes)
- Hiring Manager Interview (45 minutes)
- [On-Site] Work Sample Interview (60 minutes)
- [On-Site] Technical Interview (45 minutes)
- [On-Site] Enveda Culture Interview (30 minutes)
Some of the total rewards of working here
- Culture: Enveda lives for people
- Salary: $65,000 - $80,000
- Healthcare: Medical, dental and vision insurance. Company pays 90% of the premium for employee and dependents.
- 401k: Traditional or Roth 401k matching of 4% (100% of your contributions up to 4% of your annual compensation).
- PTO: Flexible paid time off (that we encourage and celebrate). Company-wide weeklong break to recharge. 10 observed holidays and 1 floating holiday.
- Work-Life Harmony
Come join us!
Our employees are the lifeblood of our work and our inspiration to press on. Together we've built a special place here—a drug discovery platform that's unique in the world with an incredible team collaborating in a creative, transformative culture. Our mission is to bring hope to patients everywhere. Our progress towards that goal would not be possible without talented people like you.
Using imagination and dedication, we are working to improve human health and give hope to patients everywhere. Our work together is empowering, trustable and collaborative, enabling each of us to do our best work
• Don't rush, but don't wait. • Over-communicate and follow up by default. • No question or comment is incorrect, silly, or basic. • Listen to, learn from, grow with, and help grow your team. • Always say what you really think - with positive intent. • Be an Intrapreneur. • Celebrate your wins, and also your failures. • We are One Enveda. • Be courageous.
We value your uniqueness
One of life's gifts is to interact with a variety of people. Each of us has a unique story that shapes how we view the world, and solve problems. Learning from each other enhances our collective wisdom while achieving better outcomes at a faster clip. People from all kinds of backgrounds can succeed in all kinds of roles.
Our work environment appreciates the contributions of every person. Working together is how we produce results that illuminate our Purpose - To Deliver Hope To Every Patient. One-Enveda is a company value because success depends on trusting, working relationships that respect the commonality and differences of people.
At Enveda we are building a place where every person can do the best work of their lifetime.
Enveda is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Please note jobs may be taken down from our website, this does not mean they have been filled. This is to maintain our candidate experience for current applicants. If you are in the interview process and would like to request a copy of the job description, reach out to your recruiting contact.