Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Enveda is looking for a FP&A, Director to join our team!
The contribution you will make:
We are seeking a FP&A, Director who will take a key finance leadership role, collaborating closely with senior leaders and our accounting team. This role requires a forward-thinking, innovative and strategic individual with a sense of urgency to contribute to the development and execution of Enveda’s current and future financial strategy. This visible role will work closely with Finance and R&D leadership on developing and executing annual budgeting, quarterly forecasts, the long-range plan and leadership reporting.
As a member of the Finance Team, you will report to and work with our VP, Finance
You get to collaborate on:
- Lead budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning processes and all associated reporting deliverables to the executive leadership team
- Develop and implement best-in-class FP&A processes and procedures to drive informed decision making for executives and functional leaders
- Create financial models to help forecast business performance, identify key KPIs and metrics, and prepare regular financial analysis reports in order to present findings to senior leadership and aid in preparation for Board Meetings
- Be the key finance partner to department heads and project teams to improve decision making and give commercial insight, develop budgets, oversee adherence to budgets, and forecast future resource needs
- Partner with the accounting group in areas such as financial statement analysis, variance review, audit reports and preparation
- Be accountable for larger financial objectives including strategic financing scenarios, managing deal and licensing financial analysis, advising business development on potential financial implications and assisting with contract execution
- Play an active and advisory role in the implementation of new planning models and a new planning and reporting software platform (Netsuite’s NSBP).
- Provide proactive, strategic leadership and recommendations to enhance financial performance and guide company growth.
Who will thrive in this role?
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or business. MBA and/or CFA is highly preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in a FP&A role for a private, early-stage company in the life sciences/biotech industry.
- Strong preference for prior experience across private and public companies.
- Proven ability to build relationships, understand needs and serve as a business partner to departments and leadership, advising and communicating on important financial guidelines and goals.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial modeling & analytics – particularly in clinical trial forecasting and tracking; experience weaving FP&A into a quickly growing company with ambitious goals.
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup
- Superior analytical, communication and project management skills, combined with a consultative approach to problem solving.
- Experience using Netsuite and NSBP preferred.
- If you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your experience.
What to expect in the interview process:
- HR Screen (30 minutes)
- Hiring Manager Interview (45 minutes)
- Work Sample Interview (60 minutes)
- Technical Interview (45 minutes)
- Enveda Culture Interview (30 minutes)
Some of the total rewards of working here
- Culture: Enveda lives for people
- Compensation: $150,000-$170,000
- Healthcare: Medical, dental and vision insurance. Company pays 90% of premium for employee and dependents
- 401k: Traditional or Roth 401k matching of 4% (100% of your contributions up to 4% of your annual compensation).
- PTO: Flexible paid time off (that we encourage and celebrate). Company-wide weeklong break to recharge. 10 observed holidays and 1 floating holiday.
- Work-Life Harmony
Come join us!
Our employees are the lifeblood of our work and our inspiration to press on. Together we've built a special place here—a drug discovery platform that's unique in the world with an incredible team collaborating in a creative, transformative culture. Our mission is to bring hope to patients everywhere. Our progress towards that goal would not be possible without talented people like you.
Using imagination and dedication, we are working to improve human health and give hope to patients everywhere. Our work together is empowering, trustable and collaborative, enabling each of us to do our best work
• Don't rush, but don't wait. • Over-communicate and follow up by default. • No question or comment is incorrect, silly, or basic. • Listen to, learn from, grow with, and help grow your team. • Always say what you really think - with positive intent. • Be an Intrapreneur. • Celebrate your wins, and also your failures. • We are One Enveda. • Be courageous.
We value your uniqueness
One of life's gifts is to interact with a variety of people. Each of us has a unique story that shapes how we view the world, and solve problems. Learning from each other enhances our collective wisdom while achieving better outcomes at a faster clip. People from all kinds of backgrounds can succeed in all kinds of roles.
Our work environment appreciates the contributions of every person. Working together is how we produce results that illuminate our Purpose - To Deliver Hope To Every Patient. One-Enveda is a company value because success depends on trusting, working relationships that respect the commonality and differences of people.
At Enveda we are building a place where every person can do the best work of their lifetime.
Enveda is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Please note jobs may be taken down from our website, this does not mean they have been filled. This is to maintain our candidate experience for current applicants. If you are in the interview process and would like to request a copy of the job description, reach out to your recruiting contact.