Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Who we are
Our mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to net zero carbon, but we need to move quickly. Emitwise wants to ensure that every organisation across the world, big or small, is able to embark on a sustainability journey that culminates in net zero. The planet deserves more than just another tech company, and if you do too, then keep reading.
At Emitwise, we've built a team that has the skillset and desire to bring automated carbon accounting to life — saving businesses time, money, and emissions. We have built a platform which makes it significantly easier and faster for companies to calculate, track, and reduce their carbon emissions. This allows them to reduce costs, future-proof their business, and become sustainability leaders. Ultimately, we're a group of people disenchanted with business as usual and looking to make a real impact through creative innovation.
We’re a well-funded post-Series-A startup backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors who share our mission, including True Ventures, Outsized Ventures, Lightbird Capital, ArcTern, Social Impact Capital and Xplorer Capital. To develop industry-shifting products we work with pioneers like Marc Engel, Ex Chief Supply Chain Officer of Unilever, Lynelle Cameron, ex Chief Sustainability Officer of Autodesk and Rob Bernard, Chief Sustainability Officer of CBRE.
Besides being inspired by our mission, what gets you motivated is nurturing relationships with prospects, digging into their challenges, actively listening to multiple stakeholders and distilling their needs into the right solution for them. You love to win, but you care about the journey to get there.
We think in terms of impact, not strict responsibilities. Here's how you will contribute when you join:
What will you be doing?
- You’ll be responsible for bringing in some of Emitwise’s largest customers
- You’ll own entire deal life cycles from SQL to ‘Won’, qualifying and running a confident & structured process along the way
- You’ll manage your own pipeline, ensuring everything from good HubSpot hygiene to travelling to customers and bringing in the right experts at every stage
Who might you be?
- 5+ years selling for B2B SaaS companies
- At least 2 years experience closing enterprise deals ($150k+ contracts) and examples to share
- You love working in a start-up environment with experience in Series A-Series C scale-ups
- You love to learn and strive to really understand complex products so that you can simplify the story for your prospects
- You bring energy to the team you work with. You like to compete but also cheer your team members on
- Working as a team matters to you, so sharing knowledge and experiences is no hardship
- You are confident enough to listen more than you talk to prospects but know when to narrate and lead the deal towards a decision
- You don’t need to know everything and can defer to experts at strategic parts of the deal because you are a brilliant cross-functional team member
- Conversations with C-suite personas of Fortune 500 companies give you energy because you love the challenge
● 💷 Compensation - £120-£130k OTE (£50-£60k base salary)
● 🗺 Location - London - 7 Harp Ln, London, EC3R 6DP
● 📌Hybrid working - We require the successful candidate to come into the office 3 days per week. As always Emitwise offers flexibility and anything else can be discussed with the management team.
🌍Accelerating the global fight against climate change through corporate sustainability.
🌍Attractive options packages.
🌍Pension matching to 5%.
🌍Unlimited holidays, with a recommended 28 days (not including bank holidays).
🌍Comprehensive health insurance policy provided by Aviva Health.
🌍£60 per month well-being contribution against gym or training costs, as well as an annual subscription to the enhanced Headspace app.
🌍Take mental health days, no questions asked.
🌍Flexible working hours.
🌍Cycle to work scheme.
🌍Personalised workspace: Whether it's at home or at work, we want anywhere where you do work to be a place that is ergonomic, comfortable, and productive. We offer a stipend of £200 per quarter for investing in your workspace.
🌍Shared parental benefits and leave available: This is applicable for either parent, as well as for births or adoption.
🌍Caregiving benefits and leave available.
🌍Regular monthly team socials. We recognise the importance of the social relationships you create within the workplace. We believe in creating regular opportunities for the team to come together and build relationships.
What are you waiting for?
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join, a mission you'd like to be part of and a role you'd thrive in, then apply now! And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes. Whatever skills you bring to the table and whatever background you're coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. The time to act is now.
We also believe that diversity is the cornerstone of innovation. We embrace uniqueness and continually strive for equity for all. Ultimately, our team powers Emitwise. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they've achieved. Our employee policy is designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
All that said, it’s also important to mention that we are currently only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK, and we like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!